No announcement yet.

Lookie what I just got!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you misunderstood me... Ill be very upset because I wanted a Floyd too.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Congrats, it looks great! I had heard about these two runs. I wouldn't go by the AMS specs, it looks like they just copied the stock KVX10 and DK2M specs into their site. For example, the white bengal has EMGs and their specs say it has SD pups.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Very nice, congrats! Big plus for the string-thru bridge on a KV!
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
          Congrats, it looks great! I had heard about these two runs. I wouldn't go by the AMS specs, it looks like they just copied the stock KVX10 and DK2M specs into their site. For example, the white bengal has EMGs and their specs say it has SD pups.
          I wish they'd get the pics up and running cuz I'd like to see if the bengal makes me .
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Heres the Bengal from the same guy I got my KV from... kinda lame, dont like it much at all. Im surprised noone here saw it on the bay!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Oh btw wait till you see the KV now... oh man it looks SICK! Pics coming tonight.

Comment

Nice BGF!!! Congratz!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad to see it with a hard tail. If they all have hard tails it will be the only moderately priced King V without a Floyd. I just may have to get one of these. Can't wait to get see the new pics.

I found them on the ZZsounds web site, they say more will be available on June 1st. They are priced at $599. Kind of high. The Cobalt swirl is the same, the amber burst is $539 and the black is $489 for comparison. I'm asking them right now in a live chat if they will have hardtails or Floyds, I'll post when they give me an answer. Karl

Comment

The chat ended as I thought it would. "as far as our description says its still the Floyd Rose. Sorry for the delay." They then terminated the chat. So I got no answer, but I think it's safe to say that if RobRR got his with a hardtail (JT390) then they all will be that way. They did this with the Jenna's too.

karl

Comment

Yeah Im pretty sure theyll all be hardtails. Personally Im not much of a hard tail guy, but it really goes with this guitar. I like to have a couple around for alternate tunings anyway. Price wise, I think $599 is pretty resonable to be honest... Im sure it takes a bit of time to do the ghost flames!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        Yeah Im pretty sure theyll all be hardtails. Personally Im not much of a hard tail guy, but it really goes with this guitar. I like to have a couple around for alternate tunings anyway. Price wise, I think $599 is pretty resonable to be honest... Im sure it takes a bit of time to do the ghost flames!
                        I'm the opposite. I want a hardtail. I don't think $599 is UNreasonable, but its $110 more than the plain black and it has the hardtail which parts wise has to be cheaper. I now will probably get this instead of the RR24. Does anyone know where I can get a black JT390. I'd like to change the hardware to black.
                        I was planning to do this to my older KVX10 (ie hardtail) along with black planet waves locking tuners. Already put in EMG81s. Karl

Comment

www.stewmac.com and www.guitarpartsdepot.com sells tons of hardtails for cheap! Im keeping the chrome hardware... I think chrome and blue goes together great... and I dont like chrome hardware that much, this is only my second axe that has it.

Comment

Originally posted by memphiskat View Post
                            I'm the opposite. I want a hardtail. I don't think $599 is UNreasonable, but its $110 more than the plain black and it has the hardtail which parts wise has to be cheaper. I now will probably get this instead of the RR24. Does anyone know where I can get a black JT390. I'd like to change the hardware to black.
                            I was planning to do this to my older KVX10 (ie hardtail) along with black planet waves locking tuners. Already put in EMG81s. Karl
                            about the price. I did some more searching for the DK2M Bengal and found a site selling them for $700. That's $100 more than the KV BFG, BUT it comes with EMG81/85's. See it just seems a little high for a guitar with Duncan Designed pickups that I know I'll be replacing with active EMGs. I guess it's just a personal thing, I'd have been happier paying a little more (like the $700 for the Bengal) and getting EMGs stock.

I guess I'm just whining because I know I'll have to search ebay for used EMGs and do the electronic work myself because it would be too much to buy them new and pay someone to install them. I just love the flat thin neck on these KVX10s.

I hate soldering

Karl

Comment

Just go to GC and pickup a ZW set for $150... theyre marked $200, but if you haggle with em theyll do $150.

Comment

Working...
                              X