Soft Case or Gig bag for Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Case or Gig bag for Rhoads?

Can anyone suggest a generic gig bag or soft case that will fit a Rhoads? I bought a RR24 and it did not have a case.

Thanks.

Jackson makes one, p/n 299-1511-000, but it looks like everyone is out of stock:
    http://www.nextag.com/Jackson-Electr...43/prices-html

Comment

Warwick Rock bag. There was a thread on this recently with a few suggestions. Do a search.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Can I just ask- is it a comfort issue or a cost issue? I am sure others feel differently but I just don't have great experiences with gig bags- They really don't provide all that much protection aside from protecting from scratches.

Maybe I'm just a baby. I've never been 100% comfortable with em- I gave mine to my brother to store the Agile I bought him to play with. If I knew he was going to be travelling I would have bought him a case.

Vass

Comment

I'd seriously consider a hard case if I were you.
          The unusual shape of a RR model makes it very suseptable to damage.
          A gig bag ain't gonna cut it IMO.

Comment

Plus, that is a really expensive guitar! Why blow over $1000 on a guitar and then not protect it? Might as well spend the extra $100 and keep that thing looking good. That's not some made in Korea 2002 Rhoads with the top V broken off.

Comment

When are they going to make a contoured case for Kelly's and V's? Those cases are gigantic, as they are, with a lot of wasted space. Oh, I know!!! Never.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Actually Fett, I agree with you completely. My JCC917 case weighed more than my WRMG. If I got a custom case that had most of the excess removed (almost like a figure hugging exterior as well as interior), it would drastically reduce overall weight. I'll ask my local retailer about this and see what they say.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Not to mention shipping costs. If I had a $1,000+ plus guitar, I would go with the hardest case I could buy.
                  Last edited by fett; 05-18-2007, 03:25 PM.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I am looking to get a used case. I collect guitars so most of the time they just sit in storage; they don't have to travel to gigs or really be moved around anywhere so usually a soft case will do.

BTW, I bought my brand new RR24 for $900 from a dealer on Ebay

Comment

Working...
                    X