Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel ID Help

Hi,forumites/experts!!!

Popping over from the H/C site coz of the good recommendations.

I desperately need some info on a Charvel I just purchased from a pawnshop buddy,it just kills me not knowing the "details"...But I've heard it may be a Model 1.Unsure of the production year.

Fort Worth neckplate,serial # 251376.

Not sure about the body material,I just put a Dimebucker in it,& someone had done some routing in the p/u cavity.My friend who was installing the p/u said it looked like alder(!),but it may be "b"asswood,not sure,tho...

Gloss Black strat-style body,single HB w/ vol,original Floyd,black hardware,"Jackson" on the tuners.

Maple neck & board,22 large frets,"pointy" headstock with the large "CH" guiter body logo.

VGC,$214 out the door!!!

Thanx a lot for any & all help that you can be!

Re: Charvel ID Help

Well sounds like a model 2m unless there are 6 screw holes under the Floyd btween the posts. A model one had the vintage style trem and no locking nut. The locking nut on the rest of the model series should be a Kahler style Jackson locking nut that goes behind the phenolic nut and had trhee large screws on top with a flat head slot in it (like the thickness of a quarter).
    If it doesn't have the 6 screws for the traditional trem than its a model 2M (maple board) that sopmebody pulled the JT6 off of and replaced with a OFR. Good price especailly for one in really good shape if it is, and with the OFR too.
    Gil
    whooops forgot to add its made in Japan.
    [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ April 07, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Thanx!

Whoever owned it originally may have had the Floyd added,as the locking nut is actually installed Floyd style(on the fretboard).There are no holes in the headstock where the Kahler nut would be.They also added the reinforcement strip where the pivot posts are,so I'd have to remove the bridge & plate to check underneath it.Maybe next time I re-string...

Any idea about the body wood or year of production?

Thanx again,& excellent pics!!!

Comment

It's Basswood. Most likly 87 or 88.

Comment

Than that would be a Model 1 as suspected.
          Still a cool guitar. Great necks and I love maple boards.
          Gil
          Oh and thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          I few have changed since then so i need to update it a bit.

Comment

You guys rule!!!

Thanx again for all your help!!!

Rand-O

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
              Well sounds like a model 2m
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I WISH they made 2Ms!!! The only 'M' designated model Charvel was the 4M. Actually my Model 2M is a mutt. I purchased a Model 4M and just switched the necks.

[ April 08, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Model 1 I guess(?)it is,then.

Someone must've done the work post-purchase.Pretty good work,too!

Mine looks like your top pic,Tekky,except I put a Dimebucker in it.The p/u that was in it was pretty bright(esp for basswood),but no sticker/logo for ID purposes.Doesn't matter,tho,the DB stays!!!

Thanx again!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X