Custom Shop Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Clinic

Anyone going to the Custom Shop Clinic this year? It is June 16th at Fullers Vintage Guitars again.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

I was wondering when that clinic was going to happen. Thanks for posting! I think I'll bring some guitars to get autographed this time! Maybe the PC1 LTD? How did you find out, if you don't mind me asking? I should be on their mailing list.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Again? I'd like to see it move around, like maybe to Southern California
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        I am happy where its at. Unless they come to Dallas.

The ad is in Vintage Guitar and 20th Century Guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          But then it would have to leave the Fuller's Jackson guitar storage facility
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Bwahaha!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think they should try it up here at Matts Music or sum shit like 'dat
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Mr. Napalm, are you collecting questions to ask the Jackson guys at the clinic? Or is this not an option?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I can. Everyone, please PM me your questions. I will try and compile a list of all questions and get them answered.

Comment

Hopefully I will be able to attend this year. I was out of town last year.

Comment

Jack if they have my guitar there tell them to hurry up and send the fucking thing. At this rate my guitar will be "vintage" before I even get it.

Comment

I would like to see them make a trip north to Denver and have it at Drum City Guitar Land.

Comment

Has Fuller's given a time when this will start on Saturday?
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

How did it go?
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I went last saturday. The weather sucked (imagine that) because it was raining on and off all day. I got there just after they started playing a DVD about the custom shop and Grover Jackson. I thought there would be 50-100 people. Excluding the people who work at Fullers I think there were about 8-10 other people there. They had the EVH Frankenstein and 5150 III amp out as well.

Grover and Mike Eldred gave some history and talked about all sorts of people including randy rhodes, evh, etc. Then we were able to ask any questions. I asked about lead time in the charvel custom shop and people waiting 22 months for a custom order - they didn't seem very pleased about the question and didn't believe that was from the delay in the custom shop but because customers weren't pulling the trigger on an order.

They mentioned potential new artist series but wouldn't say who. They also talked about their marketing of charvel for the 30-50 year old target audience, whereas the Jackson line is aimed for younger players.

I'm sure I will remember more later but the most interesting parts was the history and stories they told about the early days of the custom shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X