X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackons DK2M neck profile

Hi all,

I know this is a Jackson forum but....

I've currently got an Ibanez RG1570 and am finding I prefer more of a Strat neck to the wide / thin neck the RG has got. I've been looking on the Jackson site at the DK2 and was wondering if anyones played an Ibanez and could give a comparison to the Jackson? I basically want a Stratish neck with 24 frets and a floyd trem - and the DK2 does look pretty sexy!!

Thanks for reading

James

The necks on the DK-2 are pretty flat and thin, not too much unlike the Wizard I would think, although more rounded, so it won't feel like a strat neck at all. In-fact, whenever I pick up one at the store it feels like a twig in comparison to my guitars (normal strat thickness) so take that as you may.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If it's a little more rounded then it could be what I'm looking for.

Cheers!

Comment

Much more comfortable then the ibanez imo, just a little more meat/shape where it counts, makes all the difference

Comment

The DK2M neck is actually a little thicker compared to some of my other Jacksons... if an Ibeenhad is too thin for you, then I think youll really like the DK2M neck.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've had 2 DK2Ms - a Crimson Swirl and an RGF. Their necks varied, but b oth were way thicker than a Wizard. The Crimson Swirl had a very thick neck - I'm talking PC1 thick. The RGF's neck was not that thick but still thicker than most of my Jacksons, and much thicker than my Ibanezes.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              The DK2M neck is actually a little thicker compared to some of my other Jacksons... if an Ibeenhad is too thin for you, then I think youll really like the DK2M neck.
              +1. I just got mine yesterday and I find this to be the case. Just a smidge thicker than my other DK2 necks. Pls don't ask me to define "smidge" in terms of actual measurement, though.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Great! Thanks for the replies! I shall hopefully be a Jackson owner very soon!!

Cheers

James

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                  +1. I just got mine yesterday and I find this to be the case. Just a smidge thicker than my other DK2 necks. Pls don't ask me to define "smidge" in terms of actual measurement, though.
                  Smidge = .040"-.070"
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The DK2M I played at GC had a much thicker neck than my old S470. Still not as thick as a Fender though.
                    Scott

Comment

Hasn't got to be as big as a Strat, just a little thicker.

I've managed to track down a kind of local Jackson dealer, so tomorrow I'll be trying some out!

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Working...
                      X