Download Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Festival

Anyone going? Did you know that we're sponsoring the Download Festival and will have a competition, guitars, jam stations, etc... it's going to be KILLER! IRON f'n MAIDEN at Donnington!!! That's tough to beat! Anyway, hope to see you there. I'll have an amp you've seen but not heard too ...

McD
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Sadly my family and I will be absent this year My wife is gutted !!

Our two daughters were just 7 and 10 years old when they were introduced to the their first gig - Velvet Revolver - Hammersmith Apollo. We took them back a couple of months later to see them again. 3 years on and they have already taken in Download 2006, Metallica were awesome, and a whole host of others.

I shall be on the Steel Mill site(KK Downings website) in an all out campaign to have Judas Priest do Download in the near future.

Enjoy Download 2007. I have some good memories of last year none more so than a beefy leather clad Metal Chick marching up the hill to beat the crap out of a bottler with her umbrella. Pure Class :ROTF:
    There is but one God - And he is Metal

Comment

I was thinking of going, I've not been since it used to be the Monsters of Rock festival, but the prices of tickets are a bit steep for me.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
        I was thinking of going, I've not been since it used to be the Monsters of Rock festival, but the prices of tickets are a bit steep for me.
        +1
        Not been since about '92 I think it was. Maiden headlined and Slayer were on the bill too. And the best part was it was free for our band
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

i went 2004 i think linkin park and mettalica. maybe a jcf meet up next year?
          no sig.....

Comment

How much are tickets?
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

"Get up in front of the cameras in our Riff & Destroy competition, perform your most metal riff in the most extreme Download style that you can muster up and our panel of judges, including a legendary metal guitarist, "

Heh heh, who's that gonna be, Brian? Sounds like fun!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                How much are tickets?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I went 2005 & 2006 - both years awesome, but more people in 2006 made getting around the site a nightmare (and, sadly, there were more arseholes there as well). More people again this year, I'd guess. Nasty. Need the cash for other things this year anyway (I'm old enough to prefer staying in a nice hotel......) so I'm having to give it a miss & just watch the website to see what the reports are like. Maybe next year.
                  Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Working...
                  X