Hear me out on this... Im considering sending my PC-1 to Carvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear me out on this... Im considering sending my PC-1 to Carvin

(ship the neck only) to have them inlay "Real Abalone" dots into the fretboard. After seeing
    my friends Koa Bass that Carvin did, on a maple fretboard, i was slain!
    I kept looking at it and then comparing the PC-1 i have in mocca to
    what it "could be? What do you guys think of this idea? I could probably
    have it done in about 6 weeks, for under $200 I dont need the markers.. just WANT them!

hmmmm, they will actually do that?

personally, i wouldn't do it, but it is your guitar!!! do as it pleases YOU. maybe abalone fins would look better....but carvin probably isn't gonna accomodate that!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hey man, if you want something bad enough, do it. I might send my neck to get LED's put in it, sorta the same situation as you. If you like it on your friends bass, you'll probably like it more on your guitar. Lets see some pics of the PC-1, and your friends bass so we can compare!
      Gear:
      none

Comment

Don't...

Comment

I bet they'll like the guitar too much and won't send it to you back
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Will they actually work on another companies neck? You might have to check with them to see if they'll do it.

Comment

If you dig 'em that much do it! The price isn't outrageous, I had dots replaced with another shape on a rosewood neck a few years back and it ran about $300-ish.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I personally wouldn't consider it until the guitar needed refretting.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  hmmmm, they will actually do that?
                  No, they won't.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No dont...

Comment

I had Abalone dots installed on a mighty mite neck I was getting scalloped and he only charged me an extra $15.

If all you want is to have the dots replaced have a local luthier do it.
                      You can get abalone dots from Warmoth or Stewmac for cheap.
                      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

You have to go to an someone else other than carvin to get it done.
                        Sam

Comment

Thanks guys...i just liked the "look" so much. Maybe ill think more in terms of finding another nice 24 fret neck complete, so that i can go
                          back and forth between the 2? This may be just me going down that
                          road of Parts Mutting that you guys already do so much!

Comment

It just defies imagination why you'd want to hose up a perfectly good PC-1...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              It just defies imagination why you'd want to hose up a perfectly good PC-1...
                              Cause im blinded by bling? :ROTF: Its not like i was thinking of
                              having "Playboy Bunnies" inlaid on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X