No announcement yet.

Hear me out on this... Im considering sending my PC-1 to Carvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it yourself its really easy.There is no mystery to removing dots.Any local luthier can do it 1 day.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
      Cause im blinded by bling? :ROTF: Its not like i was thinking of
      having "Playboy Bunnies" inlaid on it!
      Hey there's an idea! But you should do the stripper chicks ala that Nikki Sixx bass, what was it a Schecter?
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
        Hey there's an idea! But you should do the stripper chicks ala that Nikki Sixx bass, what was it a Schecter?
        I believe it was a Hamer.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Blasphemy!!!
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

There was a PC1 on ebay a couple of years back that the guy had abalone dots put on. It looked pretty slick, but I would not do it to mine!
            What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

Comment

Originally posted by whackmaster View Post
              There was a PC1 on ebay a couple of years back that the guy had abalone dots put on. It looked pretty slick, but I would not do it to mine!
              **********Its just that i laid the Carvin right next to the PC-1 and
              both maple fretboards were close in overall looks.. except for the
              fantastic Abalone dots in the Carvin! So of course i started thinking..
              DO IT! :-))

Comment

Carvin won't do it.

Comment

Ok, raise your hand if you didn't know the PC1 does not have inlays.

Seriously, 4 people in this thread have mentioned "removing" and/or "replacing" the existing dot inlays.

I say do it. You'll never get what you paid for it because your biggest target audience is the JCF Tightwads

And if a skilled luthier cannot drill holes for dots without tearing up the frets, I'd not call them a skilled luthier
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                    I personally wouldn't consider it until the guitar needed refretting.
                    +1, solely because it´s a real trick to do inlay work properly with the frets installed and the workarounds aren´t necessarily the safest for the instrument and make it more cost-intensive than necessary. Part of doing a professional job is knowing when the job is much more effort than makes sense, particularly in a case such as this where precision is paramount.

Yes, it can be done. I´d still not recommend it, though.

Comment

It would probably kill resale, but if it is a keeper – who cares, go for it!

Comment

Working...
                      X