Summer NAMM Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer NAMM Rumors

Just a few weeks away. I'll throw out the few rumors that I've heard so far. Some or all of which may be total bulls**t. Take 'em with a healthy grain of salt, just like I have myself.

- EVH "Frankie" replica and new amp. Well, these aren't "rumors" per se, but they're rolling out with Summer NAMM.

- New EVH "Wolfgang" (or whatever it's called) production model. Rumored to be MIM, initially. Supposedly followed by custom shop stuff later on. One rumor has it following the old Wofgang body style, the other with a more traditional strat-like body.

- Jackson Iron Maiden sig models, replica (or replicas) of their old stratheads. This rumor is supposedly supported by the "on again / off again" decision to not allow custom shop Jackson stratheads with the last NAMM show. i.e., It went "off" again as the sig model discussions got more serious again back then. Also possibly supported by Maiden pulling out some of their old Jacksons on tour now.

- Dave Musty-bones limited edition KV. Yes, supposedly his Dean sig does go away that quickly. The rumor is that it is not a "production" guitar, but more of a high-bucks LE. And, no, it won't be a Y2KV. Even if this rumor were true, FMIC wouldn't do the shape anyway.

- JEL Charvel limited edition models.

- Jeff Beck Soloist replicas. ...OK, this one isn't really out in the rumor mill. But - given all of the other BS rumors that people have taken as "fact" in the past - I just started this one for the pure fun of it. :ROTF:

...So what semi-baseless rumors that are probably total BS have you guys heard?

Masterbuilt White Blonde Ash Mary KV. Limited run of something less than 1. Price $10,000 ($30k if you want relicing)
    Last edited by cookiemonster2; 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

We need Mustaine back!
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        - Dave Musty-bones limited edition KV. Yes, supposedly his Dean sig does go away that quickly. The rumor is that it is not a "production" guitar, but more of a high-bucks LE. And, no, it won't be a Y2KV. Even if this rumor were true, FMIC wouldn't do the shape anyway.
        Not that rumour again! Seriously boys and girls. I can't see this happening. Ever.
        (and if it does you can resurrect this thread and embarass the hell outa me)
        Last edited by levantin; 06-18-2007, 01:49 PM.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

The Wolfgang rumor sounds nutty.

why start by producing them in Mexico and then move to the Custom Shop? Are they trying to submarine their promotion before it even starts?

Come to think of it, this seems like a typical FMIC decision, so it must be true.

Comment

Some or all of each one sounds nutty to me. Really.

IMHO, the only one that seems to have even a remotely reasonable shot at reality for Summer NAMM is the Maiden sig one. And emphasis on "remotely".

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
              Not that rumour again! Seriously boys and girls. I can't see this happening. Ever.
              (and if it does you can resurrect this thread and embarass the hell outa me)

Lev it's going to happen, believe me. And I'll resurrect this thread!

PS: Bana da tavuk ayırın
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I've heard similar things about the Wolfgang. And an import Charvel line (what's the point?)

Can't see the Maiden guitar(s) coming yet, if they happen - more likely to coincide with the 'old school' tour next year (Powerslave to Seventh Son)...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                  Lev it's going to happen, believe me. And I'll resurrect this thread!

PS: Bana da tavuk ayırın
                  What man, did you call up Mustaine on his cell? Or were you at your monthly meeting with Shannon and the gang?

and by the way,

No chicken for you! :ROTF:
                  Last edited by levantin; 06-18-2007, 02:41 PM.
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

What man, did you call up Mustaine on his cell? Or where you at your monthly meeting with Shannon and the gang?
                    Yeah kinda

and by the way,

No chicken for you! :ROTF:
                    Darn it! I'll be hungry late at night again
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

The return of the MIJ Model Series for Charvel. Or some kind of Model series, judging by the lack of a USA by the logo on their new site.

Comment

That would be cool... atleast Dave will play a good guitar .. after his Dean , ESPoo's

Comment

Maiden sig! Maiden sig!

Comment

+1

Comment

How did this become a "wish list" thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X