Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My rant - anyone with similar experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rant - anyone with similar experience?

Hello, all. Haven't been on the board in awhile and didn't notice you had moved. Anyways after reading an article in the San Dimas Charvel board about a specific guitar dealer, it has rekindled new anger in me...

I purchased a guitar from said individual about 2 years ago. Needless to say I've been had, not because the piece was not legit (it is) but because I was mugged big-time. I think things were a little misrepresented to me (the fact that he denies the existence of non-tilt headstock Barettas... well hindsight is 20/20). Then I had to leave my job, and needed to raise cash, so I sold two guitars to him (e-mail me for details) at a SUBSTANTIAL LOSS, considering what he sells them for, about 30-40 percent of listed. And these guitars were DEAD MINT, not refinished like the ones displayed on the site (again, hindsight....) He even offered me a job which I accepted and gladly gave my Social Security number. The night before I was to come in he reneges on the offer. It was then I checked what my stuff was really worth and boy did I learn a new life lesson...

While at the 'factory' I was given a tour. The man has blanks for EVERY BC Rich, even the neck-through's. Also, to my shock, many of the fancy guitars you see on the website are actually assembled there (again, e-mail for details).

Also, after picking up a $5000 McNaught, I noticed finish blistering by the fret-ends(!) where I guess the wood shrunk! Not on a $5000 guitar? Oh well...

Also, after inquiring on Kramer banana-head necks, I got a quote of $300-$400! I could get a San Dimas Strathead neck for not much more if that!

No thanks, sir! I've learned my lesson and will do my business elswhere...

Re: My rant - anyone with similar experience?

Sorry to hear you dealt with Ed Roman.
    Has he used you S.S. # for anything? Identity theft sucks....when I was 17, I had $30 in debt to my name, because my dad had been ****ing me over since I was 8...that stuff is scary. I'm 18 and still in the process of clearing it all up.
    I wouldn't put anything past him.

Comment

Rather $30k...as in $30,000.

Comment

I hate to say I told ya'll so.....

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As far as I know, not yet. Can't believe your own dad would screw you. Damn!

Comment

Dude, that sucks o.O I'm sorry to hear that! he sounds like a real slime ball!

Comment

yep thats Ed, i am a BCRich freak & have been for a very long time. I know exactly what your talking about & have seen his work & know all about what he does. Its a real shame that so many people buy supposedly highend guitars & they are only replicas of the real thing. there is a reason his shop had lefty PRS's he made them. also people should know he fakes signatures yes forgery & serial#'s very well so be careful or better yet do not buy ANYTHING from him.

as for the fret ends YES wood shrinks on all guitars even $5000 ones.

Comment

The funny thing is, I never have that finish problem on any of the Strats, Kramers, ESPs, or Jacksons I've owned. Trust me when I say, a neck looks like crud when you have white dots on the edge of your red mahogany neck!

Comment

And the things he are doing is not illegal?

Comment

ya, that's what i was thinking. Howcome he hasn't been caught yet? He's worse than a used car salesmen. Atleast a car salesmen doesn't lie.

Comment

Car salesmen lie. Yes what Ed does is highly illegal, but it's difficult to prove he's forging anything. You notice he's not forging ESP or Ibanez? You know why? They have enough money to sue him and win, but Jackson, PRS, etc do not or they do not wish to spend the money on a lawsuit.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Me [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Ed Roman

Comment

The funny thing about it all is that on the website he says HE does all the work. That's like saying SEARS makes all it's power tools and appliances! Not the building of guitars, the finishing, nothing. Didn't think about it at the time, but it's kind of ludicrous looking back now.

Comment

Used car salesmen don't lie. They just leave out all the details, and let you decide. If he's tricky enough with his subliminal sale's pitches, then he can sell you a crappy car for a lotta money.

Ed is just a jerk though >.< Thank you racer for kicking his ass!

Comment

Don't forget I bit@h-slapped him too!
                              Then his wife shook my hand. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X