Franky's Arrive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franky's Arrive!

This can be moved to the Dealers section if need be, just thought it would be cool to let people discuss the guitars (can't be done in the dealers area). I just received 2 of these and I have to say... the level of detail on them is phenomenal. The hardware, pickups, neck and paint actually look like they're old as hell. I give the custom shop guys credit, they must have sunk some serious hours into building these guitars.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
    35 Pleasant St
    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
    781-335-0700
    www.mattsmusic.com
    mattsmusic.com
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Cool!
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

wow....those do look awesome!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I took like 1000 pics of this one at the Musikmesse this year, this guitar is cool as hell.
        Btw, what are those things on the back of the guitar and why did he put em there?

Comment

What a piece of s**t! Would you look at that neck pocket gap? Holy smoke. ...Oh wait. It's supposed to be a POS, isn't it? Just like Ed's really is.

Looks damn cool.

Comment

Agreed, they are really cool. I saw one up close at GC the other day. The details are amazing. Thumbs up to the custom shop!

Comment

This guitar actually proves that to have a great tone and great music you dont need a $10000 guitar! Hats off to Eddie and his Frankie.

was reading in GW how they built the guitar...they found it real hard to get those same year (70's) quarters as EVH's original guitar. It seems they finally found it on eBay. Some guy was selling a bunch of quarters.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
                I took like 1000 pics of this one at the Musikmesse this year, this guitar is cool as hell.
                Btw, what are those things on the back of the guitar and why did he put em there?

I think you're probably talking about the reflectors - like you'd see on a bicycle. And who the hell knows why they're there.

I remember John telling us at NAMM about the search for the quarters - they had a hell of a time finding enough of that years!

Comment

sorry, I'm one of the ones who thinks this beat up replica stuff is total nonsense.

blech.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

What would be funny as hell... if someone bought one and then had it "restored".

That is some truly amazing attention to detail.
                    Love the guitar pic neck shim.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      What a piece of s**t! Would you look at that neck pocket gap? Holy smoke. ...Oh wait. It's supposed to be a POS, isn't it? Just like Ed's really is.

Looks damn cool.

+1 The neck pocket fit is consistant quality with the new production guitars coming out of JCMI
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        sorry, I'm one of the ones who thinks this beat up replica stuff is total nonsense.

blech.
                        +1 I agree with you. Not in a million years would I buy one, or any other beat up guitar. That's me of course!
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post

blech.
                          + 2
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Pfft. No logo, it's fake.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Pfft. No logo, it's fake.

Looks like something you would have put together Newc.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X