Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
    Awww man, I was planning a road trip
    I'll let you play it Kev. Just don't tell anyone!

Oops.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by bluesymetal View Post
      And about the frets, I read in an interview with the guy that built this, that when he was looking at the original franky he was amazed that there was hardly any fretware, espically considering how hard ed plays he said.
      considering how many different necks were on it over its life, that's nothing special really, you would not expect much wear with that much neck swapping.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        considering how many different necks were on it over its life, that's nothing special really, you would not expect much wear with that much neck swapping.
        very ture, how many necks did it have? They were all charvels and kramers right?

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
          I'll let you play it Kev. Just don't tell anyone!

Oops.
          So Matt, have you grabbed Frankie and stacked up a wall of Marshall cabs after the shop was closed and done your best Eddie impersonation yet?

Or do you take that baby home with you at night and sleep with it under your bed?
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
            and the irony is, that this one costs around what.. 20k? :ROTF:

the grave would be robbed within days

nutcracker anyone? :P

Well there's one of Eddies buried with Dime and his grave hasn't been robbed
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I'm sorry but to me this is wayyyyy to fukkin funny ..

Our musical instruments store offers music equipment including guitars, drums & keyboards. Get 0% interest plans & free shipping at American Musical Supply.

Payment Options: 5 EASY Payments of $600.00 Plus $22,000.00 Down

Forgive me but if you have $22,000 to put "down" I'd tend to assume the extra $3k wouldn't need to be made in 5 payments!

The guitar features a Seymour Duncan Custom Shop EVH humbucking pickup, a single master volume knob (that says Tone) mounted on a partial black pickguard identical to the original. Leaving no stone unturned, the guitar is complete with a non-functional three-way switch and single-coil pickup that occupy two of the three pickup routs.

Would i fuck up the value of the guitar if I hooked up the 3 way switch and put a Vol knob on?
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                :ROTF: Awesome. :ROTF:

They should offer a car lease financing deal, instead. 0.9% for 36 months, no money down. Mileage: 30,000 two-handed taps included. $0.15 per riff extra over that.

(First month's payment and security deposit due at closing. Tax, title and registration not included.)

Comment

The dudes who buy these WON'T be playing them. So the wood screws and the nutcrackers don't matter.

Even EVH won't be playing them once Fender puts out a new version of the Wolfgang.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I would think it would be damn hard to produce a fake of this thing.
                    They will get their hands on one (China) And the $25K investment will
                    pay off handsomely when they make about 4K of them...near perfect!
                    After all, have you seen the $1200.00 Rolex fakes? Real Gold...reall SS
                    cases.. movement "Appears" to be Rolex..and the serial #'s are right..
                    just not the right serial #"s for that particular watch. Only a Rolex watchmaker can tell the difference! Now this is a swiss watch...
                    think they can do a $190.00 Strat mutt, with cigarette burns? :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                      just not the right serial #"s for that particular watch. Only a Rolex watchmaker can tell the difference! Now this is a swiss watch...
                      This is so true ....

The wife bought a fake Louis Vuitton purse a few years back on ebay. This was a quality knock off, not one of those cheapos at the flea market. The craftsmen ship and detail was just unreal.

To test out our theory that it was indistinguishable from a real one .... we bought it into Holts, Saks, and it was only at they're boutique store in NYC where it took 3 employees and the store manager to point out that it was a replica after much discussion.

Now only if they could up the quality on the knock off Gibsons to par, I would be in happy land. Who knows it even might come out better with the (lack of) QC over at Gibson these days.

On a more serious note I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do it. They got the man power, skills, time, and resources.
                      Last edited by gfunk333; 07-01-2007, 11:53 PM.

Comment

The real Franky is rumored to be the most valuable guitar in the world at 1 million plus. So, $25K for a replica that's licensed and authorized by Eddie is a relative bargain.
                        Uh........ ok, I'll take 2..........

300 x $25,000 = $7,5000,000

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          The Rolex fakes are easy to spot - they keep time accurately
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The real Franky is rumored to be the most valuable guitar in the world at 1 million plus. So, $25K for a replica that's licensed and authorized by Eddie is a relative bargain.
                            If the whole "Matt's Music Center" thing gets old it must be comforting to know you can fall back to that stand-up comic gig.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              If the whole "Matt's Music Center" thing gets old it must be comforting to know you can fall back to that stand-up comic gig.

IMO, Jimmy's LP will be the most valuable. Considering the fact that its probably not "chambered". :ROTF:
                              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                hmm... no. It seems the "buzz" over Jimi's strat is over. Jimi's estate is not planning on selling it. At least that's the decision as of now. I dont know who it is who was trying to get over a million for it, but when it did not get anywhere close to a million, that's the decision. Too bad. Many thought it would be the most expensive.
                                I believe that the "burnt" Hendrix Strat in question was owned and auctioned off by the Zappa family, not the Hendrix estate. Frank used to play the burnt strat pretty frequently in concert in the '70s and '80s, though I believe he put a new neck on it.

Chart Attack is Magazine web site about music, entertainment, tech and internet trends in 2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X