Franky's Arrive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, though.

With that horribly wide neck pocket, and a guitar pick used as neck pocket shim (did you notice), this POS is unplayable, regardless of its price.

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak

this POS is unplayable
      agreed, which makes what Eddie manages to do all the more remarkable, no one in their right minds would have stood by a guitar like that in the 80's with all the flashy graphics and hot rodded pick ups available at the time.

I think as a piece of art it is incredible, (not $25,000 incredible mind you!)

however the irony of buying one of these which has been painstakenly reliced , only to put your own "non Eddie" ding in it is enormous!!

Comment

BTW does anyone remember what the heck that quarter for anyway? (too lazy to read the article again...)

dont say "To increase the guitar's monetary value"!
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
          i'd like to know how they rusted the pickup and other metal parts.
          IIRC you can age hardware pretty easily with Hydrochloric Acid.

I too think this is absolute nonsense, and I just don't see how it's worth 25 grand. I realize one wouldn't buy it to play it, but even the collectable value seems questionable to me. The originals had a Kramer neck on them, wtf is this guitar anyway but Eddie's money ploy? Sorry guys.

original Franky..

George
          Last edited by AimingHigh; 07-05-2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

that kramer neck came later...check the album cover of van halen 1 for the strat headstock type neck

Comment

You're right that he did have an early Franky with a strat neck:

I guess I meant the famous Frankies had a Kramer logo on them. (beak neck, banana neck)

I'm not slamming it exactly, it's cool in its own right, but I'd say it's priced 5 times too high?

George

Comment

The Franky from that Kramer ad is not the same one. You can find pictures of him painting it and putting it together at vintagekramer.com

Personally 25k for a wall hanger is absurd to me. Get together some money and make your own.
                I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  What would be funny as hell... if someone bought one and then had it "restored".
                  LMAO!!!!
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Wow... That's freaking amazing. I'm not into relic'd guitars, and don't care about colletability.... but the attention to detail on that is great!

That's NOT a guitar... that's art. I can respect that. Freaking gorgeous.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Bit late to the party here, but has anyone ever plugged one in?
                      How do they sound?

Comment

• Originally posted by McD View Post
                        LMAO!!!!
                        Double :ROTF: :ROTF:
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                          which makes what Eddie manages to do all the more remarkable, no one in their right minds would have stood by a guitar like that in the 80's with all the flashy graphics and hot rodded pick ups available at the time.
                          There were tons of "Frankensteins" in EVH's arsenal by the early to mid 80's. Made out of parts from Performance Guitar in Hollywood. There were at least a few with 24 frets.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                          X