sandimascharvel.com sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandimascharvel.com sold?

The site content is gone and domain probably sold just now. Have you guys seen it re-appear under a new domain?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Well al the info I see says he still owns it. Bret had been going to school and focusing more on his family life so it doesn't surprise me. He had someone big interested in it a yr or so ago.

You go through all of the BS on the boards and collecting that evetually it loses its luster. When that happens your focus changes. I can't say I blame him at all, I just hope he is enjoying the family and his Harley
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yes, focus do change as you go through life. I will miss his site. There was a lot of one-of-a-kind information available. Thanks Bret, for creating the site and running it for the time it lasted.

Of course, there's always the wayback machine, but its cache is not necessarily complete.

By now, there's quite a lot of J/C sites that has come and gone or changed in the past years. Add his site to the list:

www.vintagecharveljackson.com
      www.collenguitarworld.com
      www.chuckscharvels.com
      www.jacksonfanatic.com
      www.charveljacksonguitars.com
      www.jacksoncharvelworld.com
      www.jacksoncharvelworld.net
      www.charveljacksonclassics.com
      www.jacksonmuseum.com
      www.horrormovieguitars.com
      Henrik

Comment

Agreed - Thanks Bret for all the info and details.. Sad to see them go.

Yes life does change and some things do need to be put ahead of others ..

Cheers

Edit due to to much Rum
        Last edited by Hossman; 07-09-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

yeah I noticed he had removed a lot of his guitars from the site after he sold them and then about a month back his entire website was off line. He has taken the site offline a few times in the past so I am not sure if it is down for good or not.

I also miss Rob W's jacksonmuseum site...both were great resources.
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Yeah, too bad we couldn't have archived those. A lot of great resources being lost.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Yeah, too bad we couldn't have archived those. A lot of great resources being lost.
              There is no need to fear. There are people here who know everything about everything and no one on the planet knows more......

Comment

It's pretty sad, really. There has been some great sites up, with incredible cool information, but they're gone. If the problem is money, all it takes to pay the annual fee to the ISP, is a few well placed ads on the pages. If the content is there, the site will finance itself.

I remember browsing the museum a lot when I started gaining interest in J/C guitars. It was cool as hell.
                Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  the site will finance itself.
                  Well that's kindof like saying my kids will grow up and not need anything anymore.... they alway are in need-- they never go away...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X