Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rhoads Forensic!

Cool Fernandes!!
    I had the Future World album, too. The only two songs I remember liking on it were Future World and Yellow Rain, then I traded it off. hehe [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm American and I love the Pretty Maids, they absolutely rock! My favorite song is "Rodeo", I love to jam on that one. I think that Ken played a Kramer in the video for "Future World", I don't remember the V, but there were definitely no Jacksons. He gives an album credit to using Kramers as well, during that time. (1987ish)

Comment

Are those frets on the Fernandes tall and skinny? I mean like almost 1/8" tall (small headphone jack) and about the same width? And if that neck is as fat as a Classical, then imagine it with brass hardware, string-through, Duncan Distortion and Jazz combo, and a Jackson logo - then you'd have a JCF01 Rhoads.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ooops Metalcop, i think you got me there. When i think about it... yeah, he played Kramers a lot those days. At least i got the Strat shape right... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The V is played by the other guitar player in the video, some swiss guy i think.

I met Ken Hammer at an Yngwie concert just a week ago and if i had brought the Fernandes i bet he'd autographed it. But i would have looked kinda stupid standing in the audience at an Yngwie concert, holding a Rhoads!

The Fernandes actually had gold pick guard but i kept [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] when i saw it, and it was always full of greasy fingerprints. So i got it sanded down. I LIKE the JCF01! JCF01 has rosewood board?

It's a baseball bat with 22 headphone jacks allright! I got it cheap [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Serious, they are tiny and tall:

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hey jackson1, I have to worship your thread, very interesting... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

This is awesome... how do you take these pictures dude?...

Comment

I point and click..... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Watta'ya mean i'm not kind?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] heh Rude Awakening is on the DVD right now so... thanks rodrigo for the kind words. I've watched you on the JCF - mainly quality posts

Photo... well, you talk your girlfriend into buying a quality digital camera for herself, with a good macro function and lots of optical zoom (her's got 10x, it's an Olympus C-700uz). I did. Then you shoot outside in bright but clouded weather - allthough sometimes you get good pictures in clear sunlight too. Guitars are hard to shoot. They have all the ingedients a digital camera fear the worst: shiny lacquer, shiny metal frets, lots of pitch black, lots of full white areas, MOP inlays and lastly a difficult to shoot shape. A good understanding of photography and a powerful optical zoom will help you succeed. The full shot of the Fernandes is taken at full zoom (10x) which kinda shrinks the shape so you can get closer to the guitar, but still have a full view of it. Can't be done otherwise (edit: well yes it can - use fish eye lense). Read some books.

Joe (Charvel750) is a top notch MOP photograhper i think.

[ April 16, 2003, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
              Henrik

Comment

Oops - if the Fernandes had an ebony board, then [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But yeah, baseball bat and railroad tracks - it's close enough for hand grenades [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I WANT YOUR FERNANDES V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  please sell it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  i'd offer a trade but all i have that i'm willing to loose for that is a model 3 (black) and an avenger (dark blue). but seriously i want that fernandes! please please please!
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

BTW: PRETTY MAIDS RULE!!!!!!!!
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Huh...this has nothing to do with the RR, other than I am one day going to break down and have one, I just was laughing at the Pretty Maids reference that popped up...I remember being a kid watching HeadBangers Ball and seeing that video...just had to start laughing at the memory of watching metal vids with my Charvel 1 trying to figure out licks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just for the record, i discovered another (major) difference between the USA and the Pro. The Pros neck are thinner than the USA and quite a lot too. It's very easy to tell the difference when playing. The measures in milimeters:

Henrik

Comment

personally ! I love your pro better way better ! remember that thing is like 10 or 12 years old either way you look at it , put the duncans that the rr1 has in there and it will sound just as good if not better than your rr1 , if you oiled the fret board the grain lines in the ebony on you pro will dissapper , I have done this to a old charvel [rosewood board]I had and Kevin Easton asked me if I even played it ! lol ! and the board looked like **** before light brown big gaps on the wood and after I oiled it It went almost as dark as ebony and sealed really well , also I love the pro fret job as you see in the pics cause you got a lot more room to bend harmonics and stuff on the low E string and get a cool vibro thing going on notes and stuff with out going off the board/fret . just my opinion though , nice pics bro ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                            Just for the record, i discovered another (major) difference between the USA and the Pro. The Pros neck are thinner than the USA and quite a lot too. It's very easy to tell the difference when playing. The measures in milimeters:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah I love how the japan stuff is way thiner than the USA stuff , I just got bolt on imports but as far as neck thickness I would take any of my bolt on's against the usa stuff I've tryed . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                              Interesting stuff. Wouldn’t moving the strap button on the USA to the location of the Pro, make it even more top heavy. Maybe it’s the wood. Just something to consider. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would say it is very good possible that the wood could be what makes that USA model more neck heavy. I would assume that Jackson uses high quality, carefully selected pieces of maple for the necks in their USA models. A better quality piece wood (maple in this case) which is used for high stress applications like a guitar neck usually contains more late growth wood than lower quality pieces of wood. The point I'm trying to make is that a piece of wood that contains a higher percentage of late growth wood will be much denser and heavier than a poor quality piece of containing a high percentage of early growth wood. The difference is so great you can notice considerable differences in weight of two pieces of the same species (one piece containing much more early growth wood than the other) of wood cut to the same dimensions just by handling them.

Comment

Steve, thanks for the kind words on the jap! About the pickups in the Pro - i should really remove the active electronics and put in some good pickups, because i don't like the sound of that active Jackson electronics. Yes, it can make some impressive sounds but it's too overdriven and bassy for my taste. I can't get a dry, tight oomph out of it. I found out that the grain lines in the fretboard CAN be filled with oil, i just have to really work it in with my fingers for some minutes. About going off the board - remember that the USA board is a bit wider than the Pro, so i think it's even score there.

What do you play, Steve? Rhoads bolt-ons or strats?
                                Henrik

Comment

Working...
                                X