Rhoads Forensic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rhoads Forensic!

Interesting stuff on the wood quality in that the Jackson specs on paper are the same (alder wings, maple neck) but maybe a hidden difference in wood quality in reality. Maybe a slightly heavier neck + the slightly larger headstock makes a difference in balance... I've tried with a wider leather strap and the problem is almost not worth mentioning now.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
      Steve, thanks for the kind words on the jap! About the pickups in the Pro - i should really remove the active electronics and put in some good pickups, because i don't like the sound of that active Jackson electronics. Yes, it can make some impressive sounds but it's too overdriven and bassy for my taste. I can't get a dry, tight oomph out of it. I found out that the grain lines in the fretboard CAN be filled with oil, i just have to really work it in with my fingers for some minutes. About going off the board - remember that the USA board is a bit wider than the Pro, so i think it's even score there.

What do you play, Steve? Rhoads bolt-ons or strats?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">put some emg's in her they are nice and bright and crunchy bassy but not muddy ! I got a ke3r and a wrxt both boltons , I've never come across a Japan neck thru or usa rr or Kelly I could afford I had a basic rr ex once and played it for 4 or 5 years as my main guitar , I sold it for a dr3 [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] the dr3 was nice but I got rid of it too Just don't have the cash string a line of guitars up so I use em for a couple of years ans ussally get some thing new , but I've lost so much good gear that from now on I am keeping ever thing I get so I'll have no regrets in 5 years from now ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] next on the list is one of those Fender accostix's with the maple arch top trans red or trans amber and the built in pick up/preamp or a takamine G series they play nice as well and I don't got big bucks so 500 / 600 canadian is all I got to spend not even that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] my wife will kill me ! ...........but back to the rr my other Guitarist Dave on the forum here has a RRxt proto it's pretty sweet check her out http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...-7509-dave.jpg and http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...trr-sevser.jpg and http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...-7509-pic2.jpg and http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...-7509-pic3.jpg very cool guitar oiled neck and plays sweet ! //Steve

Comment

Hey, Jackson, thanks for noting my award winning inlay photography! The following are from Newc's USA Jackson neck he sold me some time back, you gotta love the pearl blocks and abalone logo:

It's easy to capture all the grain and beauty when you have a good specimen like that!
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Steve, when your friend Dave wants to sell that extreme you send him to me, you hear?! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Joe, HOLY SMOKIN' ABALONIN' what a neck!! Black binding! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] What axe did it come from?

Listen to me Joe, you don't need that neck. You suddenly get the urge to send it to me. Close your eyes and imagine a brilliant white light above you. I'll count down from 10 and when i reach 0 you s-e-n-d t-h-a-t n-e-c-k t-o m-e...
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
            Hey, Jackson, thanks for noting my award winning inlay photography! The following are from Newc's USA Jackson neck he sold me some time back, you gotta love the pearl blocks and abalone logo:

It's easy to capture all the grain and beauty when you have a good specimen like that!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thats cool man ! //Steve

Comment

My 1985 USA Rhoads has TINY frets on it, and a fat neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                My 1985 USA Rhoads has TINY frets on it, and a fat neck.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that sucks man ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

When you talk about your Rhoads Pro, is it
                  a RR3 (Pro series) ?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                    Steve, when your friend Dave wants to sell that extreme you send him to me, you hear?! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey now, I've got first dibs on the black cherry XTRR! I've been bugging Dave about that one forever!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jackson1:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey now, I've got first dibs on the black cherry XTRR! I've been bugging Dave about that one forever!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Yeah I sold that neck to Joe because I didn't think it'd look "right" on a Dinky and didn't have a 24 fret V body. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Not sure where it came from originally - got it off Ebay.

Braz - That is an early 90's Professional neckthrough. The RR3 is a bolt-on from the mid-late 90's. The 1990/91 Professional models were built by Japanese luthiers who were trained by Grover Jackson. I get the feeling he trained them so well as payback to IMC for giving him the shaft.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X