Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help guys to identify this Jackson and charvel!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking RR, but you paid way to much imo.

Comment

I notice that too, it came like that from guitar center, I'll change the strings as soon as i find the the nut replacement

Comment

They did stick it to you in a big way.Id let them know too.Tell them next time you go in there and don't buy from them.
        Rule is don't impulse buy guitars.Do some research on the models they have for sale and figure what you are willing to pay, never never give them what they are asking.
        The CS thing is a trick they play on people and those of you that work at GC don't get mad its the truth.
        Last edited by straycat; 07-08-2007, 08:22 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The thing is that i am in some way a guitar collector i have 8 guitars and want to add some more, i ordered those over the net at guitarcenter.com they have a link that says used gear, when i saw the rr i didn't saw the performer logo in the headstock and when i called them they assured me it was a rr3-cs that's why i believed them, too bad because i still like the guitar , but i would never order from them anymore, i just prefer go to craigslist or even ebay to buy some more guitars, i personally prefer used guitars than new but not when they lie in order to sell you whatever staff they have collecting dust, Now i am looking for a pink charvel from the 80's but will skip GC this time, also if you guys know the correct model for locking nut for the charvel i'd really appreciate.

Thanks again guys for all the help you are giving me.

ozz

Comment

How do you confuse PS3T with RR3 CS?I dont know of any import Jackson with a CS in the model name.Always confirm model info before buying.Buy a blue book and look it up.

Comment

You need to take it back and say "Look, you sold me this as something its not, and if you don't want me to spread the word this Guitar Center and its manager are liars and scam artists you better make it right". And if they say "Well we can sell you an RR3 but it would cost more..." call them on a Bait and switch. I would not doubt for a moment they would pull that.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                How do you confuse PS3T with RR3 CS?I dont know of any import Jackson with a CS in the model name.Always confirm model info before buying.Buy a blue book and look it up.
                I'd call this a case of blatant ignorance. I was at a GC in Peoria that had a Kelly listed as an RR3. They also had a Charvel 475 that was listed as a soloist.

But yeah, I'd go in and mention it. However I wouldn't expect them to give you any of your money back. It's a buyer beware market out there. Overall, I'd chalk this one up to a couple hundred dollar lesson in due dilligence.
                Last edited by Tekky; 07-10-2007, 12:06 PM.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

The thing is i didn't actually saw the guitar, i just saw the picture they had online, the only thing i saw were the dots that i thought it was an old rr3 model (my fault), it's ok anyways i learned from this, I won't call them because i already know the answer even that i can call my bank and request my money back but once again i won't, what i need is the specific model for the locking nut for my charvel also the tremolo is missing and i don't know the tremolo model.

thanks

Ozz

Comment

The guitar is a Model 2. However the locking nut is of a Kahler design and was used on Jacksons and Charvels both USA and Import from that era. You won't have a hard time finding one. As a matter of fact, there are probably several on eBay right now.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

The trem model on the Charvel is a JT-6 what you need is an after the nut string lock.If you buy one be sure to get the screws and plastic spacer that goes under the string lock.

Comment

dont guitar center have a 30 day return policy? wont it apply to used items too?

EDIT: I know you like the performer and want to keep it, but $500 for a performer is too much. Plus, some JCF'er have bragged about buying RR3's with case for as cheap as $300! For $500 and a lil more, you can get a RR5 on eBay for cryin out loud! Return them guitars!!
                        Last edited by emperor_black; 07-13-2007, 02:15 PM.
                        Sam

Comment

Working...
                        X