No announcement yet.

Question about CS orders since price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm worried about the almost complete disappearance of CHOICE when it comes to finish on the USA Select line. It won't be long until FMIC adopts Henry Ford's famous stance on colour choices...ridiculous IMO.

Where lies the logistical problem in offering all available finishes on all guitars?

For example, the SL2H-MAH can be had in a whopping total of 6 different finishes. Nat, BCSB, Trans black, red, green and blue.
    Three years ago you could order the same guitar in 15 different finishes.

The KV2T used to be available in 38 finishes. Now it's down to 16.

My conspiracy theory is that FMIC wants to steer more people into going to the CS for even the small stuff.
    I don't care about the statistics Mr.Walker laid out to Ron. Statistics tells you very little about what people actually want, it only tells you which is the "lesser evil" of what is available.
    I mean, who in their right mind orders a KV2T in "shattered glass"?
    I've never seen one. Nor a yellow bengal, or EDS for that matter.
    What financial burden is placed on FMIC for holding a few extra different buckets of paint at the Jackson factory? I do believe it's very negligible.

- Rune.

Comment

The CS prices are crazy. I just bought a SLATQH, and went to Fuller's Vintage Guitars here in Houston, wanting to price out a CS archtop with a few modifications compared to the SLATQH I have.

To remake my guitar exactly, it will cost $7,539-30%=$5,289. That is nuts when the guitar could be had last year for ~$2200.

With the mods I wanted to make it would have cost $8,049-30%=$5,649.

Sorry, I ain't paying that.
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

SLATQH was underpriced anyways but thats still about 1.2k higher than before the increases.

Did Charvel go up to? I REALLY wanted to get a custom shop Charvel. I had 4 customs I had fully specced out. 2 Jacksons and 2 Charvels. With prices as they are I will never get that now. I would like one Charvel though.

Of the two Charvels both are pretty wild.

The first (probably the cheaper of the two). Was a Charvel Spalt Roundhorn Rhoads.

Rhoads body with rounded edges (flatop, ie no bevels). Black Korina body with a Birdseye maple neck/fingerboard and Ebony Sharkies. All Black binding, Spalt Maple 1/8" top and matching headcap. And a single direct mounted Humbucker. OFR, Pointy Headstock, black charvel logo. Bolt on of course.

The second and probably more expensive of the two.

Bolt on Charvel Strat. Flat top with no forearm contour. Cocobolo neck and chambered body. 1/8" Flame Koa top and headcap. Bocote Fingerboard with Ebony Dots. Black Binding on the whole thing. TOM/w Stop tail. Strat headstock with black logo. 1 Hum 1 Single direct mounted with a coil tap and GEQ-1.

Both guitars would be gloss natural.

I mean both are pretty wild but I suspect the cocobolo would be very expensive not to mention the chambered body. Of the two I'd rather do the later but I'm afraid to even price these out, cause I'm sure it won't be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb View Post
          Did Charvel go up to?
          up to what?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X