RR24 Discontinued already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KMud View Post
    I had an RR24 ordered from thomann.de for £705...but I cancelled it and got a 2nd hand US SL-1 for £800. The fear of the Floyd being a Ping was a large contributor, so I blame/thank this forum! Seems like a lot of money for a Japanese guitar with no hardcase.
    What the hell is a ping???

Comment

I was wondering the same thing when I read that. What do you mean "fear of the Floyd being a ping"?
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
        What the hell is a ping???

Ping factory, as opposed to the German Schaller Floyds. That thread makes it sound like the RR24 does have a proper OFR (i.e. non-Ping), but the trem-arm looks like a Ping and I didn't want to risk a £700 jap Jackson with less than ideal hardware.

Comment

Dude, it's only 7 months old. It's sellin like a mofo! The limited version, with reverse inlays is sold out, but the 3 proper RR24's are here to stay. Got one yet?
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
            Dude, it's only 7 months old. It's sellin like a mofo! The limited version, with reverse inlays is sold out, but the 3 proper RR24's are here to stay. Got one yet?
            I am going to pick up one of the last Limited edition ones as soon as I get paid from an eBay sale. A local shop is holding it for me. Did those have Moto or MOP inlays? Not that it matters for the price I am getting it for with a hardshell case.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              No case... that's complete BS since they ship them to the dealers IN A CASE.

£149.18 for a hard case is highway robbery.
              Only USA models come with a case. You want a case for an import, you pay extra.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just went and got my RR24 on my lunch break and it definitely is not a Ping according to what little research I have done, Ping's have a brass saddle and barrel for trem arm, my bridge does not, also does not have that little ?P" engraved by the trem arm.

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                  All the shops in Vegas seem to have the higher end LTD artist models like the Alexi, Gus G, that dude from Atreyu, but no RR24s. That pisses me of. Especially when they put the kibosh on ordering the Jackson Stars models in the states which all have 24 frets and a neck pickup.
                  Hey dude, if I recall correctly, I saw one in Pats Desert Music over on Rainbow (between Cheyenne and Smoke Ranch). Give him a buzz!
                  - Adam

Comment

I also know of a White/black bevel. . .just over a grand brand spakin new too.
                    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                      Hey dude, if I recall correctly, I saw one in Pats Desert Music over on Rainbow (between Cheyenne and Smoke Ranch). Give him a buzz!
                      That's the one I bought.

Comment

Weclome to the RR24 gang!!!
                        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

I've just had 2 RR24's delivered at our shop and they do not come with a hard case, just a nice deluxe cardboard box!!! Also, on closer inspection, although I doubt whether it's a ping, the Floyd seems to be a direct copy of an OFR. It is logoed as a Floyd but something just doesn't look right. The trem arm is definately not a Schaller made unit. When I get the chance, I'll take the bridge unit off and check for any made in Germany stamps on the baseplate. By the way, if you check out current US Select Series guitars, the machineheads are made by Jinho in Korea and not Gotoh anymore. At the price of the USA's, in my opinion, they should be the Japanese originals.

Steve

Comment

I have one , and my trem is an ofr, which is what the guitar is listed as having on the specs on the jackson website still as well, and its the same trem that is on the sl3s now, which is also an OFR now

Comment

also regardless of what it is, i'd like ot point it it handles EXTREMELY well with everything, once i've got the sring tensions right and they've settled in after re tuning they really don't go out

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                                I have one , and my trem is an ofr, which is what the guitar is listed as having on the specs on the jackson website still as well, and its the same trem that is on the sl3s now, which is also an OFR now
                                Is yours one of the limited editions? We had one of those which had an OFR but these latest two, i'm not sure about. I need to have a much closer look tomorrow.

Check out the website specs for an SL3's trem now........Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo ???? The RR24 is still listed with an OFR however.

Steve
                                Last edited by JACKSONWOLF; 09-14-2007, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X