No announcement yet.

RR24 Discontinued already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, having removed the unit today, there is no made in Germany stamp anywhere to be seen. So, it must be a new OFR direct copy, just like the old JT-500 being a direct copy of a Schaller Floyd II (JT-590).

Steve

Comment

Thats a Shame, but it won't be aping if it lacks the ping weired logo on the left hand side, does it not mention anything on the block or anywhere?

My Schaller FR's say made in Germany on them.

Someone said ESP used thm on the M-II guitars I've played a Few and they had no Ping logo, trust me I eyeball up the bridge and everything, but that was in the UK which has the japan export model with ESP pickups not duncans like the US model...

Still i'm sure the RR24kicks major ass.

Comment

What does the sustain block say?
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

There was no made in germany, just the size and a patent number.

Comment

So the RR24 is an import, with no case that's no less than a 1000$? No wonder people aren't buying. How much more is a USA? I bought mine a few years back (pre fender buy out, not sure exact date/year) and I don't remember being butt romped over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb View Post
              I bought mine a few years back (pre fender buy out, not sure exact date/year)
              Bought your what?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

USA Jacksons. I was just doing a comparison, import vs us, and price.

I'm probably way off my mark too.

Not to impy I had bought RR24s before, I meant my current soloists.

Comment

On Musicians Friend and a few other sites if you show the Jackson guitars in order of best selling the RR24 is near the top of the list. Looks to me like they arent having any problems selling them.

Comment

The confusion was that we launched the model with a limited version that DID get discontinued... because.... it was limited. You guys were asking for this model since DAY ONE! Not only is it not discontinued but it's going to be offered with a slight variation in April... Also, we're doing an RR24 Custom giveaway in Thrasher Magazine that Chris Cole designed and it looks KILLER!!!
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

A $1000 + guitar should have a Case=real MOP inlays anda real Floyd on it. Back in 2002 or 2003 can`t remember I ordered a new USA SL2H in black for $1200 shipped, taxes,case, everything. All the good stuff on it. The RR24 is way overpriced. Now that I think of it, almost all of the Jacksons are way overpriced right now for what you get.

Jack

Comment

That is great news McD..any chance of it having MOP inlays? Plastic inlays do make it look cheap :/.

Would you reveal what that slight variation will be?

Comment

I'll say ivoroid binding...
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe string-thru?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                              I'm still holding out for the RR29
                              Go get yourself a Caparison
                              www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                              www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                              www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

That made me think of that V they just put out recently:
                                I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X