Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about Jackson guitars...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Jackson guitars...........

ok here it is. The Jackson RR3 Has a licensed FR bridge witch is not the same as an original double locking FR in the USA made RR1, but muscians friend has advertised in there magazine that the RR3 is the same as the RR1 except different pups, rosewood fretboard, and a bolt on neck, it does not say anything about having a diff. bridge. so my question is are they the same or does the RR3 have a cheap FR????

The RR3 does in fact come with a Jackson JT580 LP tremolo. I wouldn't call it cheap, it is a good trem.

Edit: The RR3 also does not have neck or headstock binding.
    Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

i didnt mean cheap i meant cheaper but musicians friend has advertised it with a original FR, im talking about the RR3 pro

Comment

Yes, the RR3 is part of the Professonal (Pro) series. And yes, the JT580 LP is "cheaper" than the OFR.

And welcome to the JCF.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

ok thanks i was confused about that thank u for clearing that up for me

Comment

Hey Alvin, according to the latest spec sheet, the RR3 is supposed to have head and neck binding and it was introduced in 2006. :ROTF:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...ads%26trade%3B

Unique Features Jackson 6-In-Line Pointed Headstock,
            Compound (14” to 16”) Fingerboard Radius,
            MOTO Shark Fin Position Inlays,
            Ivoroid Binding on Neck and Headstock
            I think it was revised in 2006, but in typical Jackson fashion, the specs are wrong.
            -Rick

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JWKnight View Post
                ok thanks i was confused about that thank u for clearing that up for me
                You're welcome. Stick around, there are some very knowledgable people here, not only of the Jackson/Charvel brand, but of most other brands, too.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

hello, and sorry if I jump on this thread, but I just wanted to know if a JT580LP can be substituted with an OFR (possibly with studs and all)without too much trouble
                    www.myspace.com/machinediva

Comment

Yes they are compatible.
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X