Please help me identify this guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify this guitar

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] I just ordered a left handed SL2H Soloist. Its very similar to my Charvel which is an incredible guitar. If my new Jackson plays as good as my Charvel I'm going to have to get rid of 1. Most likely the Charvel. But I need to identify it, and get an idea what it's worth. Originally it had a single coil on the neck pickup. I paid around a grand for it back around 1990, and i believe it retailed for around $1200.
    I have a few pics here.pics

Re: Please help me identify this guitar

No offense, but, what is with the strings? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Charvel Model 750 XL I think. Probly around the $325-450 range depending on condition. Being a lefty can either hurt the value or help.....just depends if there are any lefties in the market at the time.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I thought 750's were H/H config? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Is it a neck thru?

[ April 15, 2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Rikrok ]

Comment

I've been told a 375 deluxe as well. It's a bolt on neck. Here's how it looked stock. Ignore the headstock it's black just like the first pic, it just looks weird from the scanned pic. I'm getting alot of different responses, so I'm still confused as to what it is. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

That is a 475, without a doubt. The 375 was similar but lacked the sharks and active circuitry. Also, it used J-100 single coils (exposed coils) whereas the 475 used the epoxy covered J-200 models. The 475 had a bound neck and headstock, but not the 375. They were around $600 with case in 1990, I bought mine at American Musical Supply for $550 plus shipping. They seem to get about $300 on eBay today.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

It would be 475 Deluxe-Exotic in that finish and it was made in Japan.

[ April 15, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Johno ]

Comment

Thanks fer the help guys. I think 475 delux is what I'll call it. If anybody disagrees, I'd love to hear why.

Comment

would it be called a deluxe? Or is it just called a 475?
                  Is it Japaneese made or?
                  I wish my original receipt said somthing other than 1 left handed Charvel [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rikrok:
                    No offense, but, what is with the strings? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rik,
                    Some guys run the ball-ends through the head end tuners (and some go further, letting the excess hang out).

3 reasons:

-Don't have to cut off ball-ends

-If string breaks near the bridge, you can run excess stringage to the bridge - without changing string

-3rd reason has to do with tone

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I usually dont cut them off, for 2 reasons
                      1. I actually hate newer strings so I use my strings for a long time. They always break at the bridge, so i just unwind a lil more and continue on.
                      2. People ask me why I have my guitar strung like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont think not cutting the ball end off is one reason because you still end up cuting the end of the round wound strings, so it could fit in the floyd. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X