Kelly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly??

how does it compare with the explorer,hamer,ect.

Question??

could it possibly be more vague
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      Question??

could it possibly be more vague

how does it sound and play compared to other brands with the same basic design

Comment

there only similer in the way they have two points
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Dude, yeah, that's a super-uber-vaguealiscious question. BUT... I can tell you that my brand new KE2 sounds f'ing killer!! I play it through a Marshall TSL100 full stack and it's got tone to die for... or kill for, depending on how you look at it. It crunches the f**k out of everything else in the room. As for how it feels, it's comfy as can be, no matter what position I'm in - standing, sitting, squatting, stretching over monitors, rolling around on stage, running across the stage, running through the crowd.

The Kelly is my all-time favorite axe now. Love it! Love it! LOVE IT!!!!

Comment

To answer your question: The Kelly is in a league of its own.
            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Actually, I have a silly question that relates to this subject...

You see, I've got my eye on a Kelly POS hanging in my local music store but it's currently closed due to refurbishment so I haven't had the chance to try it out.

The silly question is, "How does the guitar hang?" What I was meaning was that (to me at least) compared to my DK2, my RR3 hangs at more of a 45degree angel which took me a little getting used to at first.

It's not really important, I was just a little curious!
              sigpic
              And on the 8th day,
              God kicked back with a beer,
              And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Love Kellys. Don't like their upper fret access, which is minimal at best. Explorers are the same way. My meathooks need more room...

I had a KE2 a while ago, I seem to remember them being headstock heavy. But I'm sure someone who actually owns one can chime in for sure...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Keep in mind that Kellys are also very small. If you're not a Marty Friedman type midget, they might look a tad small on you. I also don't like the angle they hang at. Mine was very neck heavy, and was generally a pain in the ass.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My KE2 is a bit heavier on the headstock side than my RR1, however, I use a leather strap with a rough underside that grips my shoulder really well. Overall, it doesn't bother me. The high-fret access is definitely tighter, but not terribly so.

Comment

I have never played a Kelly, but I played an explorer I couldn't put down. I was looking for an amp that day so I was playing a bunch of guitars that day. I kept going back to that Explorer. It wasn't as pretty as everything else I played put just felt so good to me. I almost bought an Explorer that day.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Love the Kelly. It's like an explorer but made sexier.

Comment

Working...
                        X