C/J sighting in my area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/J sighting in my area

I was out with the drummer last night dropping cards of and shaking hands. And this one a band was doing their sound check. One of the guitar players had a Model series guitar. So of course I have to talk to this guy. Turns out he had bought it new in 88 I think he said. As we are talking Charvel, I look over at the other guitar player as puts his guitar on it's stand I notice it is Blue Ghost Flame. You guys know what a sucker I am about BGF. I keep talking to the guy about Charvels, but the Jackson keeps getting my attention. I remember thinking chrome hardware on a BGF soloist? It looked like it had a non- recessed Floyd. As we walks by me I ask him “is that a Shannon?” His face lights up and he goes to grap his guitar from the stand and proceeds to show me the sig on the back. He was all excited someone knew what it was. I told I had one just like it. I think he was a shocked as I was.

We ended up back at that club when we got done doing our PR work. We though now that our work is done lets go grap a beer and watch that band with the cool gear. The band rocked.

Just thought I would share.
    Just one more guitar!

Nice story. . . .I love BS'ing about guitars/amps.Especially if its same brand too. I love your 3 BGF Charvies, must of pretty awesome to see another "Shannon" like yours... on stage being played like its meant to be.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

cool man

i love talking to other jackson fans (which are now a dying race in the uk at least in my area...)
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

yeah Charvel sightings (which are much rarer than Jacksons) really get me going. dude in my friend's band has a Model 3.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

It's always cool to meet new guys with similar tastes in gear. couple years ago I went to check out a friend's new band. I walked into the club in the middle of the first set. Surprisingly, the lead guitaris was playing a brown python with a matching strathead - killer guitar player. During their break, my friend introduced me to his band. I asked the guitarist if that was a GMW that he was playing and he was floored that I knew what it was. We started talking about our guitars and amps and then he let me try out the python. We kept in touch over the years and last year he sold me that GMW. Like I said, it's always cool to meet new guys with similar tasts. You never know what can happen.

Comment

very cool stories...I started a new job about a year ago...about 3 months ago I hear that one of my coworkers plays guitar and in a band...I go chat him up and he tells me about another co-worker who just took receipt of the last 5150 Kramer replica GMW Lee was able to get out before...I told him I had two GMW start heads and a couple of Charvel and work has never been the same since! Very cool guys and we talk about gear all the time!...small world huh!

Comment

Yeh, Jacksons are a rarity around here too, so other than our other guitarist (JerEvil) who lives 1500 miles away I don't see any Jacksons other than my own. We did play with a band a few weeks ago whose guitarist was a high school friend of mine in the mid 80's. I always envied his Charvel Model 4 over my Washburn Chicago Series. I damn near shit myself when he broke out the same Model 4 at the show a few weeks ago. Like going back in time for a minute. He had a brand new Jem sitting there as a backup...all alone...virtually untouched...waiting for the Charvel to go out of tune or break a string. Eventually the Jem got tired of waiting, gave up and just fell over face first. Nobody cared.
              www.myspace.com/demiricous
              www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
              www.myspace.com/legionmetal
              www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

Working...
              X