Just got back from JC guitars' shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from JC guitars' shop

I've been looking for a nice local guitar shop since I moved to the Chicago area in March, well while browsing JC guitars' website last night I noticed he has a real shop and it's only about 12 miles from me.

In short he's got a *very* nice place, and I checked out alot of the C/J's he's got on the website and other things I was drooling over. Seems like decent prices, and he describes everything really well. There is no junk in other words.

He also has some really nice shit that's not on the website, strathead star,some newer pointies,soloists, and a freaking wicked ass kelly pile o' skulls, talk about fine...

Anyways, it's close enough to me that I see me going down there quite a bit lol...if any of you ever need me to check something out that you are interested in, let me know and I'll be glad to take a trip there and handle it in person, play it and tell you what I think, grab a couple of pics or whatnot. Just be serious, I can only go there maybe every other weekend or so, so make sure it's something you really want and I'll be happy to give you my opinions about it before you pull the trigger.

Unless of course it's a maple board with recessed Floyd,then I will tell you how much it sucks and buy it for myself, well, unless it's pink or something, but maybe even then

Just let me know if he gets a used SL2H Pile of Skulls. I'm close enough to drive up and check it out if he does. Thanks for the offer!
    www.myspace.com/demiricous
    www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
    www.myspace.com/legionmetal
    www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

Could you be friendly and let me know if there is 24 fret neck-thru USA RR´s? I will pay your costs and efforts if I will end to a deal

Comment

Damn dude, you've been looking too long for a shop.
        Chicago is CRAWLING with GREAT music stores. I wouldn't have a life if I lived there.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I've bought an '88 Model 6, an '88 Soloist, and a 2000 SG from JC over the last 8 years and he is pretty cool.

He used to do it out of his parents basement before he got a store. He had like 300 to 400 guitars down there stacked in cases floor to ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
            Could you be friendly and let me know if there is 24 fret neck-thru USA RR´s? I will pay your costs and efforts if I will end to a deal

There weren't any when I was in there today, I can check for ya next time I go and ask if he has any stashed or is getting any.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
              Damn dude, you've been looking too long for a shop.
              Chicago is CRAWLING with GREAT music stores. I wouldn't have a life if I lived there.

Yeah, problem is I live in the boonies (which is where JC's shop is) and I don't want to drive all over god's creation to go get strings,etc. His shop actually turns out to be the closest to me and the nicest I've seen around these parts.

If you know of any cool places out in the suburbs, hell let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
                I've bought an '88 Model 6, an '88 Soloist, and a 2000 SG from JC over the last 8 years and he is pretty cool.

He used to do it out of his parents basement before he got a store. He had like 300 to 400 guitars down there stacked in cases floor to ceiling.

You should see the shop! He's got easily 3-400 guitars hung 3 wide wrapped all the way around the store, it's a rather large place, I knew it was bad for me to walk in there .

It's a nice setup, with pockets of C/J's together within reach, and then a group of new USA's up high, there was a new black pointy Charvel ,floyded with 1 hum that was calling my name, but my wallet told it to STFU!

Comment

Can you post a link to JC's shop?
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

www.jcguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      You should see the shop! He's got easily 3-400 guitars hung 3 wide wrapped all the way around the store, it's a rather large place, I knew it was bad for me to walk in there
                      I went to his shop last summer. Walked out with this:

The Model 6 and the SG I bought from him when I was still in high school though. Snagged those babies right out the basement!

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
                        I went to his shop last summer. Walked out with this:

The Model 6 and the SG I bought from him when I was still in high school though. Snagged those babies right out the basement!
                        Oh I like that green!

Comment

Wow... I hadn't been to his website in a while... nice to see he's got a store, and it looks like things are good for him! That's nice, he's a pretty cool dude.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                            There weren't any when I was in there today, I can check for ya next time I go and ask if he has any stashed or is getting any.

Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Does he sell guitars outside U.S.?
                              Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
                              Jackson "Phobia" King-V
                              BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
                              SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
                              Laney TF300
                              Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!