Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duel between a Charvel 650XL and a Jackson SL-2H...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duel between a Charvel 650XL and a Jackson SL-2H...

Here's the pic:

Oops, look like Aaron beat me to it by one minute. I'll strike mine to save on download time.

- E.

[ April 15, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yeah, the Japanese guitar CAN hold their own against the US guitars, if people would quit letting point of origin and manufacturing methods get in the way. I've said it before, I don't care about mojo. Mojo is something that you put into a guitar, not what you get out of it. AND, to confuse the matter even worse, one persons mojo is another's kryptonite (I HATE BINDING in all of its forms, most here adore it).

Tone is subjective, feel is subjective, and in general taste is subjective. It's all a matter of what feels RIGHT for whoever's buying. I have an import Soloist that I swear blows EVERY USA Soloist I've ever played out of the water. That's my opinion, yours might be different.

Comment

Thanks Vitamin G, that IS one of the nicest guitars I have seen/played in my life. She sounds awesome too... I love that guitar big time.

The condition is DEAD MINT... I mean I sit in front of her and wonder how you can make it from 1990 to 2003 without getting a single scratch or dent or anything!. The binding has "yellowed" a bit... I dont like that but I dont know what to do to change it...

Only thing with that guitar right now is that I sold the pickups/electronics from it and I was STUPID and RETARDED enough to send the pickup ring to the buyer... Thomas Skinner here in the forum has very kindly agreed to send me an extra one he had but itis got some paint on it that I must remove. Lets see how is goes...

P.S. Thanks for posting my babies.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .. sometimes I think I am going crazy because I find myself talking to them.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 15, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

heres the jackson

Comment

but in his hands....it just may.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Jack: Charvel750 might be better to answer that question I guess... I think he is the big 750 advocate here...

to my eyes this is the deal:

650XL = SL1
              750XL = SL-2H

I do like the two single pickups even though most people don't seem to care about them...

That carvin of yours is a sweet axe, I am looking at the pictures...

[ April 26, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

750XL is a shortscale, setneck archtop. Quite different from the neckthru, 25.5" scale 650XL
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Right, the Model 5 dual hum would be more similar to the SL2H. Keep in mind that any dual hum guitar can be wired with push/pull pots to simulate single coil tones. In an old dual hum San Dimas I did this with the Duncans to get a much improved range of tones. In my Rhoads I have a pair of EMG-89's and that is sonic nirvana. So, if you like the single coil tones but the dual hum is attractive too, use the coil splitting push/pulls, it's easy to wire it all up.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

i think that the point is that charvel and especially 650 and model 6 are over the expected guitars for an overseas construction, but sl-2 are out of comparison.simply perfect.the other two play and look incredibly

Comment

I am finding myself playing the Charvel more now... she just happens to be setup perfect!... the emg's help too I think...

I did an experiment and played both guitars for a few people not letting them see what I was using... most prefered the sound I get out of my charvel over the jackson... interesting, eh?... I think it is related to the fact that the SA's I have in the charvel are glory for cleans.

Nothing wrong with the SL-2H... she is just so pretty that I am afraid to touch her... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My next guitar is got to be a Charvel 750XL... I am sure I will like that...

[ April 26, 2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

The nicest Japanese Charvels and Jacksons are nicer than the worst USA Jacksons, without a doubt. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Generally, the USA line IS better in build quality and crafmanship, but there are some excellent imports that are just as nice as any USA.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Rodrigo, what does the 750XL have, that the 650XL doesn`t, I really like your 650XL [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                          X