No announcement yet.

Tell me about the SLSMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I will give Ibanez credit for is the whole package when you buy it.
    The case for the RGA 321 and the case candy is very high quality.
    It makes the whole package seem that much better when you open the case.
    Jackson could learn something from that.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I've got quite some time before I buy it, I've got to sell a charvel or two and a body on ebay before I can get either. Every time I think I know what I want you guys toss me in the other direction I can't make a clear decision
      Gear:
      none

Comment

I would definitely get the SLSMG. I have one, and it sounds very loud, even unplugged. I can play "wish you were here" on it and people would think that it's an acoustic Really.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Innovative or imitative? SLSMG all the way!
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
            Innovative or imitative? SLSMG all the way!
            Good to see you back on the board.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
              ... I can't play comfortably on string thrus, I need the bridge to be a bit more closer to the body since I'm resting my hand half on the body, half on the bridge..
              Ditto. That's the same reason I don't care for the rr5. Beautiful guitars, but I prefer a non string thru like the Kevin Bond.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                I can't play comfortably on string thrus, I need the bridge to be a bit more closer to the body since I'm resting my hand half on the body, half on the bridge..
                Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                Ditto. That's the same reason I don't care for the rr5. Beautiful guitars, but I prefer a non string thru like the Kevin Bond.
                Have you even played the KBRR? The bridge sits just as high off the body as the RR5... they've both got the same TOM bridge with the same neck tilt. Being that one is string-thru doesn't matter.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Have you even played the KBRR? The bridge sits just as high off the body as the RR5... they've both got the same TOM bridge with the same neck tilt. Being that one is string-thru doesn't matter.
                  I have played one (KBRR) and I sold a Trans Blue RR5 about a year ago. Got it as a gift but it seems like string through bodies have too much tension on the strings whereas a more standard stop tailpiece les paul/sg style lends itself to smoother bends and less string tension. This is just my opinion.

Comment

Ah, I understand what you're saying. It's because of the tailpiece. With regular adjustable tailpieces like on a Les Paul, you can raise them to have less tension on the strings, or lower them closer to the body for more tension. On the KBRR, the fine-tuning tailpiece has the strings on top in little slots, so it still will have less tension even all the way down on the body. With a string-thru, there's more tension from the angle of the strings coming over the bridge.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, a REALLY sweet deal on a Mesa Mark IV came up, and I could not pass it up, so it's gonna be a while before I get any new guitars
                      Gear:
                      none

Comment

my slsmg is quite amazing...and i'm not one for ibanez

Comment

Originally posted by metallicats View Post
                          my slsmg is quite amazing...and i'm not one for ibanez
                          I gotta agree, I love my SLSMG. Though I payed about 3 times what the OP would be paying (grumblegrumble)

Comment

thank God for ebay...i only payed $661 and in great condition

Comment

Working...
                            X