Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
    Thanks a lot Jake.
    Some Mountain Dew just went down the wrong pipe!!
    Jake? It's Jerry actually
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      Yes, we can only conclude that since Guitar Center didn't put Jacksons in one flyer that Fender plans on pulling the plug on a brand they paid millions for.
      Good point, yes...but there are software companies (very well known ones, I may add) that buy other products then completely discontinue them. Remove the competition for your own good. In that sell, wasn't Charvel included? If so, how much effort is Fender putting into it?

I have been watching online stores for jacksons, and it seems they aren't always as available as other brand guitars. Maybe I just look when everything is sold out, however.

Sparked some good conversation....especially the mountain dew incident.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I have a feeling that most people who care about Jackson knows that MF carrys them. The only business reason I can see them not showing Jackson stuff is if they have a contract with Jackson and are trying to play a little bit of hard ball by not displaying them in the catalog. But even that makes no sense. I would personally guess that either they have no real specials on Jackson to speak of, or they simply had other product they are pushing to get rid of and want to advertise more then a Jackson product they know will end up selling.

In any even I'm glad I don't have a baby. Then I might have to go by one of these... http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwQ2F0V-REQ
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
          In any even I'm glad I don't have a baby. Then I might have to go by one of these... http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwQ2F0V-REQ

That shit's just f'ing wrong.
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Sorry for my snide post yesterday. I'm not usually like that. I blame it on the Double Bag Ale I was pounding. Tasty stuff, but I just found out it's 7.2%, which explains why I feel like shit today.

Comment

Yes, I was appalled by your post, dg. I thought you had lost it .... like the rest of us!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sorry for my snide post yesterday. I'm not usually like that. I blame it on the Double Bag Ale I was pounding. Tasty stuff, but I just found out it's 7.2%, which explains why I feel like shit today.

No worries, thanks. Cheers!

Comment

hmmm If they canned Jackson and Charvel it would help us with resale values/prices and make them more collectable.

besides If I wanted one I think theres some guy that has a banner up at the top of the site here that would help me out instead of MF

Comment

fender wont and is not discontinuing jackson brand. IF they did they would be dumber than all these liberal anti war lying hippies. They spent millions to buy them, they make millions of the brand,even if there never will be no more new design guitars/basses, jacksons will still sale. as for resale value who care, if you buy guitars,basses just to resale them down the line then there should be a law against that, only those who truly wants to play would be allowed to own musical instruments. not the flea market,ebay,dealers . all those people care about is making money, they really dont care about the product.,only if they can make a profit on it. 2 reasons why those catalogs/flyers not shown jacksons. first is jackson has not guitars/basses on sale, two they may have an agreement lie gibson and southpaw guitars where southpaw cannot mention the low prices online or in catalogs .

Comment

eh....

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        Yes, I was appalled by your post, dg. I thought you had lost it .... like the rest of us!
                        I don't see a problem with dg's post...sometines dumb comments cry out for a reply dripping with deserved sarcasm
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

True. Whassup Ron, log time no chat... oh wait, this ain't chat
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Jackson in the uk seem to be more avaialable granted ive only ever seen one usa select RR1T ages ago ina lodon denmark street shop....

the DK2M is extremely popular....

As is the majority of pros with duncans and MG's with emgs....

So I doubt fender will discontinue a well selling brand perhaps get rid of some of the lesser sllling models that are a bit pointless....

Ozz

Comment

Double Bag Ale I was pounding.
                              so did you do any double baggers to top it off?
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

None that I can remember, and that's all that counts!

Comment

Working...
                                X