8-string Jackson Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-string Jackson Guitars

Ibanez is now offering 8-string guitar, RG2228-GK with EMG808: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/images/2865.jpg. Did Jackson ever make a 8 string guitar?

Is it possible to order an 8-string Jackson from their Custom Shop?

Thanks
    Last edited by mayzan; 08-05-2007, 11:33 AM.
    Mayzan
    Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
    My website: www.mayzan.com

Wow, whats up with that bridge? Ive never seen one like that before!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It has a fixed tremolo bridge made by Ibanez... similar with the one they made for Slipknot's Mick Thomson (MTM1 & MTM2)

I am considering to get one, but I stopped collecting Ibanez and start collecting USA Jackson Guitars
      Mayzan
      Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
      My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Whats the point?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by mayzan View Post
          Ibanez is now offering 8-string guitar, RG2228-GK with EMG808: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/images/2865.jpg. Did Jackson ever make a 8 string guitar?

Thanks

The new Ibanez RG8 or whatever the hell its called is the first production 8 string, so no Jackson never made one. As for the 8th string, unless your playing like Meshuggah or some of the newer Korn there really isn't any use for it. Jackson probably wouldn't make one anyway, citing copy right laws (or something equal to that) and the issue of getting parts.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Whats the point?
            This guitar has 8 strings, it is one string better than a 7 string. Those guys are Ibanez are geniuses...they must get paid well to come up with such inventions.

Comment

Now that is weird

Comment

That neck's lookin' pretty thick!!
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

if it only had 9 strings.....i'd hit it

Comment

ibenez wasnt the first seven string or 8 string guitar makers. conklin guitars made the long before ibanez developers grew out of diapers. but yes ibanez was the first production model 7 and 8 string guitars.

Comment

Wouldn't do me much good I can't play 6 strings either.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by mayzan

Thanks

The new Ibanez RG8 or whatever the hell its called is the first production 8 string, so no Jackson never made one. As for the 8th string, unless your playing like Meshuggah or some of the newer Korn there really isn't any use for it.
                        Heard of that weak shredder called Rusty Cooley ;p ? He used to shred on a Conklin 8.

Jackson probably wouldn't make one anyway, citing copy right laws (or something equal to that) and the issue of getting parts.
                        Why ? Nevborn made the first ones AFAIK , then Conklin , then Ibanez - the number of strings isn't copyrighted

Comment

Originally posted by hgsmith View Post
                          if it only had 9 strings.....i'd hit it
                          http://7-string.com/7.pl?direct=9-String_And_More

Careful what you wish for...
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

It's used to get a real low register tone so that you can fire the bass player.
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Don't they start sounding muddy?
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X