No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Jackson tattoos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I personally think if you THINK about your design, and can be happy with it when you are 80..there is nothing wrong with anything you decide to get. I get my tats for ME..like this one:

This is just one part of my 1/2 sleeve, and I put a lot of though into the whole thing. I am happy with it, and that is all that matters. And when I'm 80 I'm gonna be the coolest old lady in the nursing home LOL...
    Seriously, don't do something on impulse. Wait, think, wait some more, rethink it THEN do it!!

Comment

i know nobody really cares what i think lol, but as the only tattoo artist on the board, i feel like i have to at least post something in this thread! you hear a lot about think about it, think some more, and then think on it for a while. while thats very good advice, people tend to over-think tattoos and the design suffers because of it. some of the coolest tattoos i do are spur-of-the-moment types. people that think about it too long tend to try and get a meaning into every little line, and it ends up looking like a cluster (proverbial 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag lol). then again, i'm looking at it from the artist perspective. i like a great design over meaning any day, because im not the one wearing it i guess. the only advice i can really give is adress your first post and tell you that a Jackson neck with sharkies going up your arm will most definitely NOT work. your arm isn't straight and it never will be, it would look goofy even if the artist is able to nail the look of the neck (which is hard enough). But im positive you could come up with a really cool Jackson themed tattoo that you'll love forever. you can even p.m. me if you like and i can try and come up with some things for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsung View Post
        i know nobody really cares what i think lol, but as the only tattoo artist on the board, i feel like i have to at least post something in this thread! you hear a lot about think about it, think some more, and then think on it for a while. while thats very good advice, people tend to over-think tattoos and the design suffers because of it. some of the coolest tattoos i do are spur-of-the-moment types. people that think about it too long tend to try and get a meaning into every little line, and it ends up looking like a cluster (proverbial 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag lol). then again, i'm looking at it from the artist perspective. i like a great design over meaning any day, because im not the one wearing it i guess. the only advice i can really give is adress your first post and tell you that a Jackson neck with sharkies going up your arm will most definitely NOT work. your arm isn't straight and it never will be, it would look goofy even if the artist is able to nail the look of the neck (which is hard enough). But im positive you could come up with a really cool Jackson themed tattoo that you'll love forever. you can even p.m. me if you like and i can try and come up with some things for ya!
        Well said! I guess great art will always be elusive and scarce and precious. Overplan and overthink too much...and it can backfire. Plan nothing and do everything spur of the moment....well that can surely backfire too!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          Why does he have his name tattooed so many times? Is that in case he forgets who he is?
          How the hell do we even know he's the REAL Mr. CooL ICE??? And I thought that was a bikini top on the back of his head cuz he's the titts!

Comment

My guess Mr cool ice thinks he's a bad ass.IMO his tattoo artist blows donkeys.Mr ice looks to be quite into himself and anal retentive because he has to have balance hence all the same tattoos in opposite locations.Man what a piece of work he is.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Got that in English? (Still ghey...)
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Somebody said something about his sunglasses tattoo and I was like, "what, do you mean those real sunglasses on the back of his head?" Then I looked at the photo again, and...HOLY SHIT. That tattoo is so detailed and realistic and three dimensional, it totally fooled me....

....NOT!! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

I'm just thinking that if something crazy happened like...uh..I don't know..
                  J/C quality and some lines went down the shitter?? You might end up looking like all of those guys walking round sporting their "TAZ" tattoos. That said..I say it's your body, cover yourself in caramel and roll around in popcorn for all I care. Most guitar shapes, necks, and bodies have never really looked that great in "tat" form IMO.
                  The Buzzard does not fear
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone
                  The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

no probs with tattoos but i'd rethink logos and specific guitar shapes. musical tattoos are awesome though

Comment

Here is mine. I have since added a volume knob and a toggle to straighten out the bottom.

Just one more guitar!

Comment

THAT'S ONE HELL OF A NECK TWIST!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I always think..(cause im old, and dont have any) that "whats it going to
                          look like when your 67?" A drooping rollercoaster of a Jackson neck?
                          Tats a kinda cool when your 24...but 40 years later..they look bad imo

Comment

There is a comedian on tv that says..."wanna make yourself completely
                            UN-Employable?"... get a ton o' tats!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              There is a comedian on tv that says..."wanna make yourself completely
                              UN-Employable?"... get a ton o' tats!
                              That's not totally accurate there are plenty of bars, strip joints, tatto parlors, GCs and Sam Ashs to take them.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                                Here is mine. I have since added a volume knob and a toggle to straighten out the bottom.

You better check the truss rod:ROTF:
                                Nice tat

Well Mr. Cool ICE is german
                                But I must say what he says about his tattoos and his attitude is correct
                                and all...
                                And if he is happy with it, so am I...

I love my tattoos and they mean a lot to me...
                                I have a babalon tattoo (read about it on wikipedia) my 1st one!
                                I have a heart on my right wrist to pay tribute to one of my idols
                                and for just show that loves goes through blood (vains).. my 2nd one !
                                And the one that I love the most is the Sevas Tra tattoo(read it backwards )
                                This tattoo is my most important and the meaning is special to me it saved
                                my life... Art saved my life and so did Otep... I love her for that...
                                This is also my 3th, and 3 is my favourite number

I guess I went of the point of this thread but, anyway...
                                Do it if you want it no matter what other people say but I can
                                just give you 1 advice... If you like Jackson try something other
                                than a guitar neck cause it`s too much and too dark

Greets
                                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                                X