Thoughts on Jackson tattoos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Jackson tattoos.

This will be on the inside of my right forearm soon.

After that I will have a Jackson fretboard with sharkies and a Made in USA pointy heastock all the way up my right arm.

Anybody have any suggestions or Jackson artwork that would make a good tattoo?
    www.myspace.com/demiricous
    www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
    www.myspace.com/legionmetal
    www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Looks cool, but also looks too much like the Avenged Sevenfold logo (unless that's what you're going for). No real suggestions otherwise, as the Jackson logo is kinda hard to incorporate into stuff. Maybe a silhouette of the traditional Jackson shapes going around or something.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

My suggestion would be to get Fender to pay for it and put you on the "endorser" list

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
        My suggestion would be to get Fender to pay for it and put you on the "endorser" list
        Heh, good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by pSyChOTTic View Post
          After that I will have a Jackson fretboard with sharkies and a Made in USA pointy heastock all the way up my right arm.
          What wood for the fretboard?

Comment

Man! Put Charvel logo too...
            Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
            Jackson "Phobia" King-V
            BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
            SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
            Laney TF300
            Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

The Jackson Flag Ad Just the guitars and on the flag you could have
              lettering like :"Jackson"
              or the Jackson the new breed ad..

I will get a Randy Rhoads tattoo with his RR
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

dont do it.

Comment

+1. especially the neck idea. i've never seen a guitar tattoo that has come out very well. imo, filling an entire arm with a neck (so to speak) is a really bad idea.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've seen some guitar silhouettes that looked good. And stylised guitar designs, like sully's from the Zen Guitar Dojo, can look good too. But any I've seen that try to look too guitar-like have failed miserably. Details like strings, frets, neck alignment, even headstock shapes tend to look pretty awful.

Although I'm sure there are crack tattooists out there who could do a good guitar tatt. There are guys doing outstanding work out there in all manner of styles. But it seems none of these tight-ass musos who would be inclined to get such a tatt seems to want to pay the premium for a gun tattooist
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Seriously, don't do it.

But if you must, I liked Special-K's Jackson flag idea the best.

Comment

Guitar tattoos can look good but they must be new school and not too much detail...

But anyway I would rather let a artist do some idol of my on me...
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          I've seen some guitar silhouettes that looked good. And stylised guitar designs, like sully's from the Zen Guitar Dojo, can look good too. But any I've seen that try to look too guitar-like have failed miserably. Details like strings, frets, neck alignment, even headstock shapes tend to look pretty awful.

thanks G, not only for the tat props (it's my favorite tattoo that i have), but for completely explaining what was in my head; those reasons are exactly why i went with a non-traditional design.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                            Looks cool, but also looks too much like the Avenged Sevenfold logo (unless that's what you're going for)..
                            I actually photoshopped a pic of a Jackson wall tapestry that I have.

The artist who will do the work is pretty badass, and he specializes in black and white. I have faith that he can do it all in an uncheezie manner, as he has toured with Pantera as their "rolling tattoo artist". Thanks for the input everybody. I will post pics when the time is right.
                            www.myspace.com/demiricous
                            www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
                            www.myspace.com/legionmetal
                            www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

yes
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                              X