X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD !!! Jackson DKMG !

my dad just arrived from singapore and got me a Jackson DKMG ,
    and Boss Gt-8 Guitar Processer
    im a bit sad because he got the old model DKMG with Emg Hz but i dunt really hate the EMG HZ they sounded nice ..

i am new with floyd rose and its an old model DKMG floyd are they gud ? or as the reviews said they are cheap ?? it looks solid to me better then any ibanez Floyd..
    Fretboard is awesom..

The guitar is not setuped yet , i dunt have the alen keys for it ...
    what type of tools i want to set it up ??
    and where to start , im really confused !!

and wht about GT 8 , it sounds good when i plugged it in on a Roland practice amp , any GT - 8 users ?

Last edited by metalcore; 08-15-2007, 05:29 PM.
    In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

I think the sizes of the allen keys are 3mm and 2.5mm for the string locks and saddles, respectively. The 3mm is also used to adjust the posts on which the bridge rests.

Those along with phillips screwdriver to adjust the claw holding the springs are all you should need to set up your Floyd.

Since you're new to the Floyd stuff I'd suggest doing some reading on the net before you start messing with it to make sure you understant how it works.

Comment

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...host=community

here are some quick pictures from my Mobile cam , crappy pictures

Comment

the gt-8 IMO can make a squier sound like a guitar worth 100 times more. you dont need active emg's with the gt-8. its got all the distortion you can every ask for. just need to attack your gift with patience and confidence. if you are very new to setup, contact a tech. or else search this forum for suggestions. good luck.
        Sam

Comment

+1. My WRMG has the HZ's and I use it with a GT-8.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I personally don't like the licensed Floyds on the current imports, but there are many who claim they don't have any problems with them. The material quality is rather poor though, and it will wear out with time.

Btw, there is no quality difference between the floyds on the old and new DKMG. Only the Pro series recieved "upgraded" trems for 2006.

Comment

I've never had a trem wear out. I guess I don't abuse my guitars enough, or just not owned them long enough. The collars on the tremolo arms were utter crap on the pre-06 models. The collar on my DK2M is still stuck in parallel-with-trem position.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                The collars on the tremolo arms were utter crap on the pre-06 models. The collar on my DK2M is still stuck in parallel-with-trem position.
                The DK2M is a Pro series guitar though. The trem change never applied to the MG series.

Comment

The DKMG is a GREAT axe, and there is absolutley nothing wrong with the JT580LP trem. Granted its not the best out there, but its far from the worst.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Congrats! Remember that GT-8...can be about 5 times as intense as the
                    factory presets. So tweak around with the "Global" settings...and the EQ
                    can be boosted for outrageous tones!

Comment

wow GT-8 is crazy monster :O
                      there are so much modulations and so detailed effects ever !!!
                      1)
                      GT8 can be Patch up by PC !! through MIDI ?? i have got some 3rd Party softwares for Updating Patches ..
                      do i need a NEW sound card with a MIDI Port??
                      or to use the MIDI to PS/2 Converter and Plug it in to my PC ?? in the PS/2 Port dose it gonna work ??

2)
                      There are some minor problems with my floyd
                      i just setupd my floydrose with 0 tension !! the Bridge is Flawlessly Parallel to the body !!
                      but when i use the floyd to dive bomb or pull up
                      the Strings kind of over tune !!! a little , and i meant a little
                      but the LOW E string tune up more then little !!
                      is there any way to setup the Bridge Perfect???

3)
                      About the Action !
                      i Lowered the bridge all the way down for as low as possible action, it has nice low action but not really low like Ibanez RG models , their action are really low :|..

Can i do some further tweaking to get more lower action ass possible without the Buzz??
                      do i need intonnation setupd???
                      Last edited by metalcore; 08-19-2007, 07:44 PM.

Comment

1) The easiest and cheapest connection to your PC would be a MIDI to USB cable. I've got a XMidi1x1 by EMU. Cost me £20 if I remember correctly. Does the job. You do need the GT8 Editor software as well. Sign up to the GT-8 Forum and you'll find a few versions of it there.

2) and 3) Refer to Tech Q&A Section. I've never done a setup properly and wound up getting someone else to do it.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Check the truss rod... if there is not enough tension and the neck is bowed, it will raise the action. If youve never adjusted a truss rod, I would sugged you do some reading before touching it.

As for the strings coming out of tune, make the sure locking nut claps are going the right direction, and are tight.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Also: loose the strings before you adjust the trussrod
                            Mayzan
                            Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                            My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Originally posted by mayzan View Post
                              Also: loose the strings before you adjust the trussrod
                              Incorrect. Guitar should be tuned, intonated and action adjustments made before trying to mess with the trussrod.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X