Who is Rob Lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Rob Lane?

In a Randy Rhoads' bio I was reading the other day, the following is mentioned:

.. The "third" guitar, which Jackson stopped working on at the time of Randy's death, is currently owned by Rob Lane of (Jacksoncharvelworld.com)...

Is he one of "us"...?

What is Jacksoncharvelworld.com?... that link doesnt lead anywhere, does it?

I know, very ignorant, very sad...

[ April 16, 2003, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Who is Rob Lane?

Ok, i guess there are some people here that know much more about Rob Lane then i do.
    But from what i know Rob Lane had a very very impressive Jackson collection and also collected Jacksons for a very long time.
    Remember that gorgeous red custom Deathwarrior that is now owned by Nor ? That was one of Rob Lane's Jacksons.
    Also i believe Brad Kelley has now some of Lane's guitars but don't quote me on that.

His website JacksonCharvelworld.com was a very cool and informative homepage about the guitars we all love so much. Unfortunately it went offline ( i don't know if Lane simply lost interest in Jackson guitars or whatever the reason was).
    After all some people have resurrected this site and now it can be found here:

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/Home.html

It seems like the pics of Lane's personal collection are offline. That's really sad because along with Witte's and Kelley's Collection, it's one of the most impressive Jackson Collections i ever saw. I hope they will show those pics again on the site.

Oh almost forgot:
    As for the "one of us" thing:
    I believe he never was a member of the JCF. From what i get when the JCF really took off, Lane already was out of the "jackson collection business".

I should say that those are all the things i know. They can all be wrong (oh well the collection i saw is gorgeous so this is definitely right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) so i guess anybody of the people here who are involved in the "hardcore Jackson collection scene" know Lane much better. Maybe they can step in here.

Flo

[ April 16, 2003, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Infernal Death ]
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

That's basically the way I understood it as well. I also seem to recall he and a few other collectors took their galleries down because they were tired of fielding offers to buy their guitars.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Another question that fits here is that everyone says that the second RR guitar got sold at the NAMM show but nobody ever says where it ended up being... I am sure they must have tracked that guitar down somehow!...

Also, who is this guy with user name brett8388?... his gallery in the thread about the most amazing guitar is brutal!... he has like half the soloist ever made!.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

How many users like these do we have?... who is a famous heavy weight collector in this board?

Comment

robs collection was extra nice he has ALOT of basses!look in the bass gallery here
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

What do you mean "Who is brett8388?"???

I'm nobody really. I'm just some a-hole with a bunch of money that I blow on strippers, guitars, bass fishing, and venomous lizards. That's about the whole story.

http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/BColeman.htm

Comment

Be aware there's a JCFer named RobL, but that's NOT Rob Lane (I thought it was till just a while back when I sold him a bass). But he DOES have some a$$-stomping basses [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              And he's a great guy to deal with, too.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The best part about that site (aside from all the eye candy, I mean) was the Famous Fakes section. Very informative as to how to tell the real Charvels from the mutts and wanna bes.

Does anybody know if that information is currently on any other site? Or should I just rely on Ed Roman for IDing help?

That last part was just a joke. I may be the FNG, but I'm no dumb*ss.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                  In a Randy Rhoads' bio I was reading the other day, the following is mentioned:

.. The "third" guitar, which Jackson stopped working on at the time of Randy's death, is currently owned by Rob Lane of (Jacksoncharvelworld.com)...

Is he one of "us"...?

What is Jacksoncharvelworld.com?... that link doesnt lead anywhere, does it?

I know, very ignorant, very sad...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what rr site were you on? it sounds like a familiar one...and one i need to update when i'm not so lazy!

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sounds like the bio on The Day the Music Died....

I remember when I first got into this whole thing, there was a slew of great sites to learn from. The first one I got into was www.vintagecharveljackson.com (now www.sandimascharvel.com), charveljacksonclassics.com, Brad's site, jacksoncharvelworld.com, charveljacksonguitars.com, jacksonmuseum....so many places to learn from. I wish that some of the old timers would put their sites back up, though.

Comment

damn newc, i thought robl was rob lane. i stand corrected.(damn that hurt) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      i know i love that dragon bass in the gallery [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ April 16, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: peabuddy ]
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

So still nobody says what happened to that second RR guitar sold at NAMM... hmmm.... I guess nobody knows...

"Sounds like the bio on The Day the Music Died....": that's right!...

When I say "who is XXX...?" I mean it in a way like in twister when Bill Paxton says upon walking into the barn full of sharp weapons: "who the hell are there people?"...

brett8388: actually your collection is pretty impressive. I am like one of the poorest guys around here and all I do is drool over stuff I can't have like your Black Shannon soloists... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ... the one signed by the custom shop employees dude, that hurts... a signature from Mike Shannon means more to me than one from EVH...

I also was looking at the the collection owned by this guy "Charvel750"... thats insane as well... actually pretty heavy stuff... wow!

do we have like some of the most serious collectors in the world on this forum?... wow!... I guess I should have expected that, eh?

I am going to have to work hard on building a collection to keep up...

we probably should have like a section with links to the collections owned by members... I would enjoy working on that. I would do this work and some of the FAQ's but the admins have not e-mailed me back about my offer to work as a volunteer for the forum... (e-mail: [email protected])... and my member rating keeps coming down... note to self: go home and think what I am doing wrong...

Comment

Rodrigo, no one really knows for sure what happened to that Rhoads....some people say there were two of them that got sold at a NAMM show back in the day...the JCF YCE 01 guitar is based on those guitars. It's a little different than production Rhoads guitars are, and is considered a "missing link" Jackson in the sense that it and Randy's black Jackson helped shape the way production Rhoads guitars came out.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                            So still nobody says what happened to that second RR guitar sold at NAMM... hmmm.... I guess nobody knows...

we probably should have like a section with links to the collections owned by members...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we do have a section where you can view the collections of jcf members...the gallery! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            and it's not that we don't want help, it's that we're in the middle of figuring out our path. once we do, and if we decide to enlist assistance, we'll contact people. i appreciate your eagerness, and i'll keep it in mind.

the second namm rhoads (the black one) went to german namm, and i believe was sold there. the white one has never surfaced.

if ya get bored, i've got a rhoads site you can look at: www.kisstribute.com/randysite/index.htm

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have to give credit to Sully's Randy site....I've seen most of 'em out there, and IMO his is the best looking and has the best photo gallery.

Comment

Working...
                              X