Got a USA coming my way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a USA coming my way

A snow white sl2h, I've always wanted one in white. I tried in vain to find one before and settled for a black sl2h, now I'll have both. My black one needs a fret dress (in fact it needed it when I got it) because there's buzzing caused by the 18th fret.

In the meantime I also bought a road flare red Ibanez rg550 20th. I think that was because since buying my black soloist I've become less 'metal', more into EVH and Jake E. Lee and Warren Di Martini and stuff like that. Somehow the black feels too oppressive to me now, and I feel less inspired. So that's probably subconsciously why I bought the Ibanez. Still when I feel like bringing some fucking metal the black sl2h is hard to beat. And the neck join on the soloist is just sooo much better than the Ibanez, so I think I might have to let it go. Once I get the white soloist I'll have what to me is a kick ass looking guitar and I won't need the road flare red Ibanez. Or should I keep a Jackson and the Ibanez for variety? The tone of the two guitars is different for sure, but I'm wondering if that's due to the pickups, Duncans vs DiMarzios. If I keep both soloists I could change the pickups in one of them. I'm not liking the Duncans, I think somehow the DiMarzios are more articulate(?) and have more character(?).

I can't justify all these guitars so one or two will have to go. Both are in mint condition. Decisions, decisions. Nice problem to have though. I'll post a pic of all three guitars once the white soloist gets here in the next few days.

By the way, this white soloist will be the guitar to end all guitars to me. I don't ever antiscipate needing another one (yeah right!!!)
    Last edited by metal_bob1; 08-18-2007, 04:43 AM.

Get the black SL2H repaired and lose the Ibanez. Put different pups in one of them. Try some EMG's and see what you think.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      Get the black SL2H repaired and lose the Ibanez. Put different pups in one of them. Try some EMG's and see what you think.
      +1
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I'd keep all of them - "Too many guitars" - meh!!

SL2H in Snow White - this is my dream guitar. Well, maybe more so in Pearl White but anway... Some day...

Comment

Yeah white is the bestest colour, look at it: http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DFaZ

The road flare red would be almost perfrect if it had the all access neck join as on the newer Ibanezes. The neck of the rfr is very thin, 17mm to 19mm, and the guitar's very light.

Isn't it a bit stupid having 2 soloists, shouldn't I sell the black sl2h and the ibanez and get something different?

Comment

Originally posted by metal_bob1 View Post
            Isn't it a bit stupid having 2 soloists, shouldn't I sell the black sl2h and the ibanez and get something different?
            I think this is a funny statement knowing some people on this board. Shit man, I got 4 soloists(2 SL2H, 1 SL2HT, 1 SL1) and that is nothing compared to some of the other people on this board.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Id say sell a soloist. I used to have two Kramer 1984s and I played one way more than the other so I sold it. Now that I think about it though....I wish i still did have it- one was bullseye black (the one I kept) and the other was bullseye red. Its nice to have some color variety haha.

IF you do decide to ditch the Ibanez- make sure you send me a pm first
              My Guitars
              Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
              Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
              Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
              Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
              Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
              Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
              Kramer Vanguard S-440S
              Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
              Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
              Kramer F-1000 (Black)
              Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

He might need the money from the sale of one guitar for the EMG's and other stuff. Lose the Ibenhad.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A snow white sl2h, I've always wanted one in white. I tried in vain to find one before and settled for a black sl2h, now I'll have both. My black one needs a fret dress (in fact it needed it when I got it) because there's buzzing caused by the 18th fret.

In the meantime I also bought a road flare red Ibanez rg550 20th. I think that was because since buying my black soloist I've become less 'metal', more into EVH and Jake E. Lee and Warren Di Martini and stuff like that. Somehow the black feels too oppressive to me now, and I feel less inspired. So that's probably subconsciously why I bought the Ibanez. Still when I feel like bringing some fucking metal the black sl2h is hard to beat. And the neck join on the soloist is just sooo much better than the Ibanez, so I think I might have to let it go. Once I get the white soloist I'll have what to me is a kick ass looking guitar and I won't need the road flare red Ibanez. Or should I keep a Jackson and the Ibanez for variety? The tone of the two guitars is different for sure, but I'm wondering if that's due to the pickups, Duncans vs DiMarzios. If I keep both soloists I could change the pickups in one of them. I'm not liking the Duncans, I think somehow the DiMarzios are more articulate(?) and have more character(?).

I can't justify all these guitars so one or two will have to go. Both are in mint condition. Decisions, decisions. Nice problem to have though. I'll post a pic of all three guitars once the white soloist gets here in the next few days.

By the way, this white soloist will be the guitar to end all guitars to me. I don't ever antiscipate needing another one (yeah right!!!)
                  Justify "All these guitars"..why thats just crazy talk! Ive got 11 now
                  (one on the way) and my Brother in Law has 21! Keep em all imo (if your
                  budget will allow?) for me anyway..my playing tastes change every 3 months or so, and i switch to another "this is my favorite" guitar!
                  They all have their merits. Hope to see some pics of that snow white
                  one soon!

Comment

Dimarzios pwn all!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                      Dimarzios pwn all!

Comment

Sell your Ibanez, buy more Jackson! :d
                        Mayzan
                        Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                        My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Sell a soloist for a ridiculously low price to a JCF member like me to offset any possible bad karma in the future . I have 3 Ibanez guitars and 1 Jackson, and I don't think its dumb at all to have more than one soloist...I want more than one rhoads!

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                            Dimarzios pwn all!
                            ..................... turning in to the ESP boards, more and more, as each passing day goes along.
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah white is the bestest colour, look at it: http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DFaZ

The road flare red would be almost perfrect if it had the all access neck join as on the newer Ibanezes. The neck of the rfr is very thin, 17mm to 19mm, and the guitar's very light.

bestest
                              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X