No announcement yet.

So, Grover is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah , if they did a rising sun with a floyd or even a hardtail I would be a bit more interested.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

price is a big problem,another is they have no really famous & popular & new artist anymore...so young blood will buy LTD/ESP/DEAN rather than J/C...
        State of Emergency
        http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
        Personal Myspace
        http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

These are not even aimed at young players. They are aimed at the collector market.

Comment

I just like the Bullseye. The others look cheesy as hell, and always did..
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I heard from a "reliable" source that they put a special clearcoat that will repel music store dust, to make them appear as if they just came in the door.
              As these things are selling faster than cow print bloomers.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hows this?

For the $7500 price tag.. .I would expect this.
                1. Plane ticket to and from the CS=1st class.. . limo to the CS.
                2. Tour of the CS,closed for the day just for you.
                3. Dinner and drinks after the tour.( with Jenna J.)
                4. Lifetime supply of strings,chords,picks. . cleaning supplies.
                5. 24-7-365 tech support, a CS builder comes to your home,gig to make adjustments to it.
                6. Some shares of FMIC stock and monthly dividend checks
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  T

I sure get the sense the FMIC just doesn't get it that the same overpriced "exclusive limited edition" formula that repeatedly works so well for the Fender guitar line just ain't going to work in the same way for Jackson/Charvel-land. But we're not seeing the real sales numbers, so we'll never know for sure, though.

Just MHO.
                  Certainly not the first time that Fender has been "Tone Deaf" when it came to what the market actually desired. Ever wonder what would have happened if they didn't clean up their silverface amps in a chase for wattage? My original 67 deluxe reverb would be worth 500 instead of 2k, for one thing...

Comment

$7,500 for real?

Bend over and let Grover take over.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      The main problem with these guitars is price. Overpricing a product to the point of absurdity sure has a way of coloring your perceptions of it.

With reasonable prices - and maybe some equipped with Floyds, instead - I'd bet that many of us criticizing them now would probably otherwise have had very different opinions of the same exact designs. Instead of thinking of them as quirky remakes of some of the cheesiest graphic schemes ever, we might otherwise be perceiving them as retro-cool or whatnot, instead. (...Well, maybe not the "gay spiderman" one, though. )

I sure get the sense the FMIC just doesn't get it that the same overpriced "exclusive limited edition" formula that repeatedly works so well for the Fender guitar line just ain't going to work in the same way for Jackson/Charvel-land. But we're not seeing the real sales numbers, so we'll never know for sure, though.

Just MHO.
                      You're right. It is about price. If these were $500 I'd snag one and have it repainted.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Rummor has it that the hobo look from Grover is no act.
                        He has been spotted in the FMIC CS dumpster looking for Charvel necks to then resell when he leaves again.

Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The graphics on these guitars are undoubtedly cheesy by todays standards, but imagine if you were a guitar player back in the '70s. Almost all the guitars available would have been a solid color with some kind of pick guard on the front. A lot of guitarists back then might have thought it was awsome to have a guitar with rearmounted controls and a graphic design on the front. Wasn't it Charvel/Jackson that popularized these features? Call me nostalgic, but I think it's great that they're bringing back these guitars from another era. I can't say I agree with the price tag though!

Comment

The spider is cool make the base colour different though, the others are just gaudy really i'm 20 btw...

especially the blue yellow checkered barf star...

Comment

i love gay spiderman
                              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I didn't like the graphics that much back in the 80s either..but nobody's graphics were really high tech then either.
                                I think the price pretty much echoes that FMIC is out of touch or just doesn't "get it".. the price also is an indicator that these are not aimed at getting new or young players into the whole Charvel thing.. this is about nostalgia and folks with expendable income longing for the days of their youth. Just like so much of the boutique/new vintage/retro market is aimed at guys chasing the ghost of SRV, Dwayne and the ghosts of the Fillmore.
                                DiMarzio Endorsee
                                www.dimarzio.com
                                Morley Endorsee
                                www.morley.com
                                "Intelli-Shred" author
                                www.myspace.com/intellishred
                                NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
                                X