So, Grover is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patricef View Post
    Probably... I'm 40, still very fond of hard rock, and since the 80's, I earned some money and surely lost a few brain cells, but not enough to pay 7500$ for this !
    LOL!!!!!!!!!! AGREED!
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Grover Jackson reissues

I agree with what everyone is saying. When I heard grover was coming back I thought it might be cool, but these guitars are not only grossly overpriced but they are ugly. I remember getting my first Charvel in 83' and my first soloist in 84' and there were some gorgeous instruments and graphics being produced. Unfortunately I don't think these reissues represent that! I have been a Jackson fanatic since that time and have had about 20 Jacksons, some gr8, some dogs. I am almost embarrased right now to love these guitars. Since the Fender takeover these instruments have been priced too high, taking them out of the hands of the players who want them and I believe Fender will eventually kill off Jackson/ Charvel. I could go on for days why I hate Fender in paricular. The website has become awful- it should be updated and also, I primarily listen to metal, but Mark Morton on the homepage is pathetic. Let's get some newer players and shredders on there.

Comment

IMO... there're not only ugly but also out-of-date
        State of Emergency
        http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
        Personal Myspace
        http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

Now, a finish that Jackson needs to bring back is the Desert Crackle!

Jackson: For next year, how about offering an an RR24M (maple board, black sharkies) in Desert Crackle and black bevels?

Comment

graphics are boring!
            -We Who Are Not As others!!!!-
            http://www.myspace.com/meditaband
            http://www.myspace.com/mfatihercan

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
              Charvels by Grover Jackson? What next, Jacksons by Wayne Charvel? Or a Randy Rhoads PC1?
              I was thinking the same thing. This must some Fender publicity stunt. These guitars are extremely over priced.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

I don't understand why people compair these guitars with the jacksons of today. Yes, the Floyd Rose trem is better that the vintage trem. Yes neck thru design provides better reach to high frets. Yes, graphics were way better by the mid '80s. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! These guitars represent Charvel's earliest entry into the guitar market. Even before Grover came along and designed the SL1 "super strat", Eddie VanHalen and other up and coming guitarists recognised the quality of these early Charvel guitars. Isn't that how it all got started?

Because of the price tag, I wil probably never own one of these guitars, but I'll bet there are a million millionaires in North America, Europe, and Japan who will see that 7500$ price like it's chump change. I don't think Fender will have any problem selling these 100 guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
                  I'll bet there are a million millionaires in North America, Europe, and Japan who will see that 7500$ price like it's chump change. I don't think Fender will have any problem selling these 100 guitars.
                  Yea you may be right about that, but it's not the millionaires that's keeping these companies alive. They should give some attention to us hard workers too instead of focusing on selling pieces of art for display. But yea in the end I guess its all about money.

Comment

Because of the price tag, I wil probably never own one of these guitars, but I'll bet there are a million millionaires in North America, Europe, and Japan who will see that 7500$ price like it's chump change. I don't think Fender will have any problem selling these 100 guitars.
                    I think that is the point!
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      I sure get the sense the FMIC just doesn't get it that the same overpriced "exclusive limited edition" formula that repeatedly works so well for the Fender guitar line just ain't going to work in the same way for Jackson/Charvel-land.
                      Bingo ! Wake up FMIC.

Comment

I am hoping for a announced price drop in 08. I just dont see these selling at all.

From what I heard only a few dealers got these and I think Music Zoo only sold three so far to date and have twenty more sitting.

I would buy one at the earlier realistic pricing myself but this is out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          I am hoping for a announced price drop in 08. I just dont see these selling at all.

From what I heard only a few dealers got these and I think Music Zoo only sold three so far to date and have twenty more sitting.

I would buy one at the earlier realistic pricing myself but this is out of hand.
                          What do you think would be a realistic price for these guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                            What do you think would be a realistic price for these guitars?
                            Substantially less than an original would cost. $2k would be the max IMO.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

These guitars represent Charvel's earliest entry into the guitar market. Even before Grover came along and designed the SL1 "super strat", Eddie VanHalen and other up and coming guitarists recognised the quality of these early Charvel guitars. Isn't that how it all got started?
                              Just to clear up a little point. Wayne Charvel sold the company to Grover Jackson in 1978, and it was pretty much Grover who started building finished guitars, not Wayne. The Charvel guitar that EVH is holding on the VH-II cover was built after Grover took over the company. When Wayne ran the company, it only sold parts and I don't think they had even started making their own necks or bodies yet.

Grover only called the Randy Rhoads prototype a "Jackson" because he was afraid of damaging the then-growing Charvel brand with such a radical-looking guitar. Ultimately, I'm sure it was quite satisfying for him to have his own name on his company's guitars.

Comment

I really could care less about Wayne and Grover or EVH. But, it is the Missinfo that bugs the heck out of me.

Wayne and Lynn Elsworth were producing Charvel factory guitars. Wayne on Bodies and Lynn on necks. It was mainly their ideas for better quality wood, electronics and hardware. Mostly Waynes foresight in quality..Wayne doing warrantee work for Fender and his quality bodies and Lynn's Quality necks and Waynes work started the hi profile artist clientelle coming to Wayne. Charvel mfg.

EVH designed the Super Strat. Les Paul Strat hybrid backload. The VHII was made in Sept of 78 a couple months before Wayne sold out.

Wayne was the creator of the Star shaped guitar.

Since Grover could not do the EVH graphic without hassle he came up with other Graphics with some of those ideas coming from the customers..Like EVH's initial Graphic. Customers wanted there own personal graphic or color..

The Legacy Series are the production of Wayne's Lynn's and EVH's ideas. Tim Wilson oversaw the production..They are called Charvel because Wayne was the initial man that made these Charvel guitars come to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X