No announcement yet.

Newbie Checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG FONT RULES, I can read it better? guess in my old age my eyes are failing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      I didn't see a big font...just looked like pica from here. Might be my browser.
      I don't want to hijack this thread about that Bridgeport, but I have always liked them, probably running single phase 220 on it, like a stove. Someday...
      I would definitely retrofit an allen bradley cnc on it...you can run them from a pc now. Just get a couple of servos and you're ready!
      Just check you local news paper for a machine shop bankruptcy auction. The last couple I've been to, I could have gotton one delivered with a potter for about grand. I don't have a plotter but I got 5 milk crates filled with bits and cutters, table clamps and vices. Don't get me wrong there was some junk mixed in but mostly all was perfect.

Back by popular demand, Big Font.
      Last edited by Grumpy; 08-26-2007, 08:44 PM.
      Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
        Sorry for the lack of words.
        I’ve been playing on and off for about 20 years. My main guitars have always been Fender Strats, LP’s and Kramers. About five or six years ago I was able to purchase a 78 Charvel Strat body with its original brass hardware and original finish. My plan, with your expertise, is to put together an original style San Dimas with a couple personalizations.
        I own a Bridgeport, so I’ve already gently machined the bridge single coil rout out to except a humbucker, where I plan to install a SD 78 Model. I always loved the vintage style Fender trem, so I plan on useing the original brass trem and hardware. The jury is still out on the neck. I have a couple NOS Kramer “Beak” necks but their neck heels are only 2 3/16ths. Loose neck pockets don’t bother me as much as it bothers other people (so long as the guitar's tone is not affected by it.) But, I would prefer a Charvel "Strat Head" neck with the correct 2 ¼ heel.
        Vince
        I have that "Gap" on my 5150 Musicraft body too...but the tone is
        a monster, and doesnt effect anything...so fine by me!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          I have that "Gap" on my 5150 Musicraft body too...but the tone is
          a monster, and doesnt effect anything...so fine by me!
          IMO if you pay $1000's for a custom shop guitar the neck pocket should be perfect. But, if you are parts bashing an axe together its about individual taste and the over all tone of the guitar. Some work and some don't. I haven't made my decision as of yet.

Not to start a fight here but who has used a Musikraft neck. I'm assuming they are pretty good quality because thay have been mentioned a couple of times when I did a search.
          Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Working...
          X