Complete n00b question... but I can't figure it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete n00b question... but I can't figure it out

How in the world do you contact Jackson USA via email? I've searched their website for a customer service email address and I've had no luck. If there is one, is it possible to get a price quote for a custom guitar via email?

No, you can get a custom price quote only through an authorized Jackson dealer. Try one of ours:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers

Comment

Well a price quote would be fun, but I really wanted to contact Jackson to figure out what year a certain guitar's serial number is... since the Jackson website only goes until (I assume) Fender bought them...

Comment

Codyyy: I found this linky in here : http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm

Also . . .just post your # and somebody can tell you. Pix would be even better.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
          Codyyy: I found this linky in here : http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm

Also . . .just post your # and somebody can tell you. Pix would be even better.
          Yeah... I saw that too. The problem is that the guitar is definitely post-2002, with a "U1" serial number.

All help is very appreciated, here's all the info I have.

Model: SL2HT (USA)
          Color: Gunmetal gray
          Hardware: black
          String through, neck through
          Serial number: U16428

Comment

Codyyy: Just a matter of time till someone chimes in and can help. I lean more towards USA Charvels. Just be patient. . kinda slow in here today. Usually at night is when its more active.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
              Codyyy: Just a matter of time till someone chimes in and can help. I lean more towards USA Charvels. Just be patient. . kinda slow in here today. Usually at night is when its more active.
              Thank you, I'm not really in any rush. It's just.... that guitar is in a guitar store, going for $1000, and it's in perfect condition. I'd like to know about it before I buy.

Comment

Codyy, JCFers would know this way more than some dude at FMIC.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised nobody said "RacerX will be here soon"

According to the informal chart I keep, that's a 2005. I think you should snap it up ASAP!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Codyyy: "RacerX" will be able to help you out.He will be in here soon
                  He knows the Jackson brand.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Codyy, JCFers would know this way more than some dude at FMIC.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised nobody said "RacerX will be here soon"

According to the informal chart I keep, that's a 2005. I think you should snap it up ASAP!
                    Thank you! It's not too old, and the tag says it's new so now I can prove that it's not if the store guys try to charge me more

Racer X, if you have a list, could you please help me out with one more Soloist? It's another, seemingly older SL1T in trans black on flamed maple. The serial number is U15627. Again it's in great condition and going for $1000, but it doesn't play as nicely

Comment

Should also be an '05, maybe a late '04

Comment

Awwwesome, thanks!

Comment

Go get the U16 and zoom back here & POST PICS!

Don't forget: Get the whole guitar in the shot!

Comment

I will get the money as fast as I can.... the U15 one has been in that store for 6 months plus.... but the volume knob needs to be replaced, so that may have deterred people from buying it (somehow not realizing how much of a STEAL it is). But the U16 is in pristine condition. Hope it doesn't fly off the rack....

Here's the breakdown.
                            I have $500
                            I'm going to sell my DK2M, hoping to get about $350 for it (tell me if you think that's off, I bought it last year at around this time and it has a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge with a coil tap [DPDT tone pot]). No scratches or anything.
                            And then something else for the rest....

Comment

Alright, I'm almost there guys... I just put my other Jackson on eBay. I can see that this stite won't let me advertise it until I post 100 times.. but yeah, I'm so close!

Comment

Working...
                              X