rr24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rr24

im building a rr24 jackson rhoad and i need the template of this guitar, anyone can help me? link or information

thx

sEARCH FUNCTION WORKS
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So does Caps Lock :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by KMud View Post
        So does Caps Lock :ROTF:
        And the . key.

Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
        Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
        Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Sure have a lot of Luthiers on this forum.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

i think it have some luthier that can help me but they dont really answer to me ...

Comment

The guitar is approximately this big:

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
                And the . key.

I'm upholding the web-tradition of using emoticons as full-stops (periods). n00b

Comment

hum....
                  it is not a cap lock forum?

Comment

someone have a l;ink for the template?

Comment

This is all I have; measurments off a 22-fret RR I used to own:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6...rementsll2.jpg

Comment

Believe the 24 fret body is the same.... everything is the same... even the neck to body join at the same fret.. bridge placement would therefore be the same as well. The only down side is, access to those last 2 frets are not as easy as the 22 fret model because they are further back on the body.

Comment

Keep in mind the neck pocket specs, this is very important. You can purchase necks with either the narrower 2 1/4 (above) and the wider 2 3/16. Just incase you have a neck already be aware these details.
                          Do you plan ona recessed Floyd? or regular? Cause that will effect the neck/angle and height.
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by Postal View Post
                            Believe the 24 fret body is the same.... everything is the same... even the neck to body join at the same fret.. bridge placement would therefore be the same as well. The only down side is, access to those last 2 frets are not as easy as the 22 fret model because they are further back on the body.
                            I don't think this is accurate. As far as I can see, the bridge is further forward on the 24 fretters. Look at how near the edge of the body the trem is on the RR-3...then compare it waith the RR24...

Edit: Apples & oranges maybe, since one is bolt-on and the other neck-thru...
                            Last edited by Sunbane; 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Sunbane

I've seen the 24 fret before, but can't find a handy pic... As I recall, and it may be wrong... that the body/neck meets at the same fret on both the 22 and 24 fret models... This means the distance to the nut is the same given they have the same scale length, and the bridge would therefore be located in the same spot as well.

I mentioned it simply because if you push the neck out farther so the 24fret was located in the same body position as the 22 fret model, access would be improved, but the bridge would need to be moved forward.

Regarding the posts about bolt on neck variants.... I have serious doubts about getting a 24fret bolt on neck to work properly on an off the shelf body. The body would be designed for a 22 fret neck. However the thread origionator never mentioned if he was building the neck or buying one... or building body/buying one either. I got the impression he was building the entire thing, which is where the need for body dimensions comes from. Course we're all still in the dark about wether it's bolt on or neckthru as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X