Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Sl1/Sl2 with blank Ebony board = limited run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Sl1/Sl2 with blank Ebony board = limited run?

Just curious about these, I have seem a few around.

Black paint job with a sharkless ebony board and a white painted on Jackson logo. Was this a Guitar Center run or something? and if so are they still the same quality of standard USA Soloists?, just a few different options on them.

Sounds like an SL2 (not to be confused with the SL2H)... it was a standard model somewhere around the mid nineties but was discontinued pretty quickly. They´re basically the same quality as any USA, but with a licensed JT580LP Floyd and possibly also Armstrong (or Jackson) pickups instead of Duncans. There was also a similar Dinky Reverse, the DR2.

Comment

and the RR2, too
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Also a bolt-on Rhoads, the RR2.

-edit- That's twice for me today.

Comment

I've seen SL-2(not SL-2H) in Jackson 96 catalog
          State of Emergency
          http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
          Personal Myspace
          http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

This is the Guitar In question, possibly a DR2? from 1996 which would be an bolt on and not neck thru?

Comment

The AT1, SL2, DR2 and RR2 all had blank ebony boards. All had Kent Armstrong pickups except for the DR2, which had Duncans. The AT1 had a Wilkinson trem (TOM on AT1T) and all the rest had the JT580LP licensed trem. Black fretboard binding on the SL2 only. I own all except the RR2, which I had but sold a year or two back.

Great guitars if you want something a little different from the norm, and they can generally be had for a fair bit less than other USA models.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep. DR2:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                  This is the Guitar In question, possibly a DR2? from 1996 which would be an bolt on and not neck thru?

That's a DR2. Pickups are Screamin' Demon in the bridge and Jazz in the neck if they are stock. Solid finish would be poplar, and satin finish would be ash. In the first pic below, the far right guitar is a DR2 with blue satin finish over ash. The far right guitar in the second pic is an SL2, which is also poplar.

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking it would look sweet with black hardware and covered pickups. I had never seen the blank board with a reverse headstock before ( except the COW sig) But I was hoping it was a neckthru, I'm not a bigfan of the feel of bolt ons.

Thats why I was wondering if it was a neckthru SL2 like Inazone's but with a reverse headstock. cuz I had seen those before with the regular headstock.

Comment

There was an option on these for sharkies to wasn't there? Atleast for the soloist, the sl2s.

Comment

Geez, Mike, for the time you've been here and the posts you got, you sure ask the newbiest of questions a lot! :ROTF:
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey now, I never claimed to know alot about Jacksons, I couldnt afford a decent one until 2004,

dare I say I played an Ibanez until then

Comment

I had an SL2. It played awesome and I actually preferred the blank fretboard and the black binding. They do have poplar wings, instead of alder. Though the impact one tone is probably marginal at best, when playing with a distorted signal. They were regular pointies, not reversed.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X