Need some info on this Charvel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info on this Charvel....

Well, I don't really know anything about Charvel or Jackson, but this looks pretty close to my ideal guitar. I was hoping you guys could give me some info on it. Where's it made, is it quality, how much should I throw down for it, etc..... Found it on evilbay. It's just listed as "Charvel guitar" or something.

Thanks!

It looks like a Model 2 that originally came with the Kahler fulcrum trem modified to a Floyd and a neck pickup, tone, mini switch and blade switch added.
    Last edited by plon; 09-01-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

There's an entire thread on this. See:

Bottom line, while this is a lot like a Charvel Model 3A, it is not. Most of us believe that it is a Model 1 that was modified by adding a neck pickup, a recessed Floyd and locking nut, pickup selector switch, and a tone knob.

However, a real Model 3A should be fairly close to what you have in mind. The Floyd will not be recessed, and the selector switch will be in a different position.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Sorry I missed that other thread. I don't really care if it's a mutt (my current favorite axe is a mutt anyway), so if the price stays low I'm gonna go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
          There's an entire thread on this. See:

Bottom line, while this is a lot like a Charvel Model 3A, it is not. Most of us believe that it is a Model 1 that was modified by adding a neck pickup, a recessed Floyd and locking nut, pickup selector switch, and a tone knob.

However, a real Model 3A should be fairly close to what you have in mind. The Floyd will not be recessed, and the selector switch will be in a different position.
          Most of us would have pegged it as a Model 2 with an added pickup, tone knob, and pickup selector due to the Rosewood fretboard. Model 1s had maple.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
            Most of us would have pegged it as a Model 2 with an added pickup, tone knob, and pickup selector due to the Rosewood fretboard. Model 1s had maple.
            Yes, but if you'll note in the other thread, I believe that it is not the original neck -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

OK, sorry. It's relatively shortly after I woke up this morning. I'm not picking up on details very well. I stand corrected.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

OK, sorry. It's relatively shortly after I woke up this morning. I'm not picking up on details very well. I stand corrected.
                lol! No need to be sorry....
                Dave ->

Comment

Could be an early model 2 that had the fulcrum trem because notice it does not have a route for a recessed trem cover plate.The early model 2 were left over model 1 bodies.The neck pockets were not angled like the reg model 2s.
                  The trem route and neck pickup are not original we all know this.Very cool guitar IMO
                  My bullseye mutt is an early model 2.It had the 6 vtrem screw holes filled (at the factory) and Kahler fulcrum installed.I filled the old stud holes and installed an OFR and used a USA custom guitars strathead neck.It worked out good with the non tapered neck pocket.
                  Last edited by straycat; 09-02-2007, 02:28 AM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    My bullseye mutt is an early model 2.It had the 6 vtrem screw holes filled (at the factory) and Kahler fulcrum installed.
                    ??????? now how could you possibly know that? Where did you get this info, possibly a part of Tekkys MOAIP? That is honestly something I had never heard before, unreal how we never stop learning....
                    Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      ??????? now how could you possibly know that? Where did you get this info, possibly a part of Tekkys MOAIP? That is honestly something I had never heard before, unreal how we never stop learning....
                      Woah!!! Why are you throwing my name around like that?
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Woah!!! Why are you throwing my name around like that?
                        well aren't you the guy that has all the info? Have you heard of this before?
                        Dave ->

Comment

straycat - what factory? I am calling BS on that one....

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            well aren't you the guy that has all the info? Have you heard of this before?
                            I haven't heard anything about early Model 1s being converted to Model 2s at the factory.

I used to work on the MoAIP, but that's a long time ago. If anything, I think there is a thread, it seems to be someone else's project now. And thanks... you reminded me one of the reasons why I wasn't posting around here very much anymore.
                            Last edited by Tekky; 09-03-2007, 12:49 PM.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

And thanks... you reminded me one of the reasons why I wasn't posting around here very much anymore.
                              First of all: thanks for answering the question, I hope it didn't hurt too bad.

Second: Not sure what the hell is up your ass lately and I'm also not sure why you're aiming it at me. If you have a problem with me, let me know, I'll help you work it out if you like.

I'll be sure to not bother you with my trivial questions.....
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X