Jackson Dinky Exotic TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky Exotic TS

Hello everybody, iam from portugal and ive seen here in a local store a Jackson Dinky Exotic TS (thats the reference on the store) The paper from jackson on the headstock says its from 1984 and has a serial number on the Bolt On neck plate of four digits "2036".

The only info i encounter on this guitar is on the 1994/5 jackson catalogue
    HTML Code:
    http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jack1994-95/pages/Jack1994-95Page22.htm

The guitar looks like the one on the catalogue but the body color is ambar quilted and the neck has the color of maple necks with offseted abalone dots inlay. It has gold hardware and a licensed jackson floyd rose that says "made in germany for jackson by Schaller". The pickups doens say nothing (duncans?) but i can read something like "CVS" on the paper on the headstock. This paper is very old and the letters are faded so its difficult to read. The guitar has body neck and headstock binding.

So the question is, they have the guitar priced at 3300 euros (4500 USD), and they make a special price for me of 2180 euros (2900 USD).

Is this guitar worth the price ?

Thankx in advance.
    Last edited by Locrian; 09-02-2007, 09:48 AM.

they didnt cost that much brand new in america...every once in a while one will show up on ebay too...usually go for about half or less of their asking price...really depends on how bad you want it...but if you pay that much one would hope you plan on keeping it...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

not a good price really i would shop around if i were you

also welcome to the jcf!
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Yeah, that's not a great price at all. Even now, depending on your specs you can custom order a Jackson for less than that.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

price is too high
          State of Emergency
          http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
          Personal Myspace
          http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

Yeah i think its too high too. The guitar is brand new and its beutifull but at that price....

At first i was interested in a SL2H Soloist, are the news usa made soloist as good or better as this Dinky ?

Thanks for the help
            Last edited by Locrian; 09-02-2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

The difference is mainly whether you prefer a neck-thru or a bolt-on. I personally like bolt-on necks. That Dinky is a very nice axe, but even for a dead mint one I wouldn't pay any more than $1200 USD. Tough call though, sounds like a very cool guitar!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

|My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Ill see if i manage to get some pics

Comment

Here are the pictures of the beast

Inst she a beauty ?

Comment

woah that is pretty cool
                      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

i have managed to get the asked price lowered from 2180 € to 2000 € (2730 USD) final price, its still a bit HIGH for my pocket !
                        I know the prices on US are about 1800 USD for a new SL1 but here in Europe they are about 2100 € (2860 USD) new....
                        Every Jackson "Made in USA" model here in europe costs over 2000 €....
                        Last edited by Locrian; 09-05-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

great looking guitar
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Locrian View Post
                            i have managed to get the asked price lowered from 2180 € to 2000 € (2730 USD) final price, its still a bit HIGH for my pocket !
                            I know the prices on US are about 1800 USD for a new SL1 but here in Europe they are about 2100 € (2860 USD) new....
                            Every Jackson "Made in USA" model here in europe costs over 2000 €....
                            Why don't you buy from an American dealer and have it shipped? You will have to pay a bit for VAT, but you will pay a LOT less for a new Jackson here.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thats sweet,but way over priced. If it was a soloist maybe for $2K USA.
                              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                              X