X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez forum putting down Jackson

Check this out. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67729
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

And they still use rectangle neck plates. For a metal guitar, that is kinda lame.

If this is the general mentality, I guess we shouldn't even pay attention
    Sam

Comment

probably gonna get flamed for this but I don't like the Jackson Licensed trems either....
      My Guitars
      Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
      Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
      Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
      Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
      Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
      Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
      Kramer Vanguard S-440S
      Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
      Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
      Kramer F-1000 (Black)
      Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

no matter how much you guys say "they are putting down Jackson," have some of you also not put down other brands? (ok the limp-dick Gibson thing was funny as hell lol).

there will always be "brand loyalty," causing fans of a certain guitar manufacturer to lash out against other brands. I for one don't give a fuck, hand me a Charvel, Kramer, Jackson, Fender, ESP, LTD I'll like it if It feels good

"If The Shit Fits, Wear It!" - Donald "Duck" Dunn
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

I'm not a fan of any of the licensed trems. The only one that comes close to an OFR is the Schaller. So I really don't get where the Ibanez guys come from with all the praise they heap on the Edge trems. Every one that I've played felt as cheap - or cheaper - than a Jackson licensed trem. That's not to say that they're terrible or anything - they are decent units. But a lot of guys talk up the Edges as if they're an improvement on an OFR. And, IMHO, it's not even close.

Comment

Hehe, who cares really? If they think they need an "all access neck joint" to be able to play metal, that says it all I think.

Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
            probably gonna get flamed for this but I don't like the Jackson Licensed trems either....
            Me neither. The only really good one was the JT-590 (Schaller).

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
              no matter how much you guys say "they are putting down Jackson," have some of you also not put down other brands? (ok the limp-dick Gibson thing was funny as hell lol).
              That was totally tongue-in-cheek, dude. A little bit of limp-dick humor at Gibson's expense. Not intended as a "real" put down of the Gibson brand at all, which - in general - is kind of silly IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
                It's a matter of preference. You have the right not to like Jackson trems I've never had a problem with the 580. If you ask me I wouldn't say very good things about Ibanez hardware or Ibanez guitars in general, having had 2 high end ibanez's. I know lots of guys (including some on this board) who will swear by their ibanez's, so I guess they're just not for me.

The fanboy "jackson still uses square neck plates" mentality is annoying though, but I guess if people want to go buy an ibanez because Vai plays one, then more Jackson's for me!:ROTF:
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

They call Jacksons cheap? I would love to hear what they have to say about my absolute piece of shit Ibanez.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    I'm not a fan of any of the licensed trems. The only one that comes close to an OFR is the Schaller. So I really don't get where the Ibanez guys come from with all the praise they heap on the Edge trems. Every one that I've played felt as cheap - or cheaper - than a Jackson licensed trem. That's not to say that they're terrible or anything - they are decent units. But a lot of guys talk up the Edges as if they're an improvement on an OFR. And, IMHO, it's not even close.
                    +1

I couldn't agree more.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

"i guess the kind of people who buy jacksons usually don't know any better." So they are putting us down as people. I think I'm gonna cry.
                      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

I'm one person that would take the Original Edge over an OFR. I just feel the Edge is a bit smoother than the FR. Not saying one is better than the other, I just like the feel of the Edge a bit better than the OFR. But the FR is a great trem too...

How many of you have used the term "Ibenhad"? I've seen it on this page quite a bit. So not like we don't do that either, is it???

I use to post on jemsite quite a bit. It use to be a cool forum. But that was a while ago. I don't go there as much as I use too...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Pass the tissues, i'll cry with you.

Comment

Who cares what someone else thinks of your guitar? Play what you like if the ibanez folks dont like it so what?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              That was totally tongue-in-cheek, dude. A little bit of limp-dick humor at Gibson's expense. Not intended as a "real" put down of the Gibson brand at all, which - in general - is kind of silly IMHO.
                              oh I know it wasnt a put down is a serious way, but damn it was funny.

I have also used the term, Ibenhad, but I don't find it derogatory (sp?) hell I knowingly prenounce Charvel wrong, just because I am used to calling it a different name (pronounced "Charv-ul" as opposed to "Elle")

I enjoy a good Krammer as much as the next guy, an Epimaphone (Simpson's rip-off, but still good), Bender, and good ol' E-S-Pee
                              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X