Ibanez forum putting down Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    Umm... That thread is relatively tame compared to the Ibanez bashing that has gone on here. :p
    There ya have it! The End!
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
      Oh nos!!!! call the internet police.

Yawn... who cares. People always promote what they spend their $$$ on. Some points are valid.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        I have nothing against Ibanez but as far as quality goes, Ibanez has no room to talk. I have a couple higher end Ibanez's, one being a John Petrucci P1 with Picasso graphic and the other being a USA Custom with shattered glass graphic. They both play fine but they feel light and cheap to me compared to my Jacksons or even ESP's for that matter. The necks are not for me, way too thin! Anyway, if someone on the Ibanez forum prefers their Ibanez thats fine with me. It doesn't change my mind, Jacksons are the best and thats why I buy them and play them. I bought the two Ibanez's I wanted and really can't think of any others I'd want so I think I'm done with them anyway

Rudy
        www.wickedrocks.com
        +1. I had a Blue Floral Jem that was cheap no matter how you look at it.
        I think there are some decent Ibanez guitars but I think Jackson definitely makes a higher quality in the Shred Guitar category.

I think Jacksons sound better for sure. Ibanez shredders sound thin to me - never heard one that didn't sound thin to me and I have heard lots including Petrucci and Satch.

Regarding the Floyd Roses - I have read several articles that say their springs are about 25% stiffer than most other trems and judging from the JEM I had it is more than that by comparison.

Some people prefer the thin necks. And Ibanez have really good upper fret access. And fast necks. And I like their looks for sure. Some guys swear by them. To each their own.

But I would objectively say Jackson has definitely better quality and sound in the shred category.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
          "But ibanez hardware does oxidise and corrode very easily...."

Yeah I have found this to be true too. So they're kinda being hypocritical when calling other trems cheap.
          I'm inclined to agree with that, as my Ibanez has some pretty severe hardware wear on it, and it doesn't have nearly as many hours of play on it as my Jackson does. However I should note my Jackson DK2T is starting to show signs of oxidation on many of the screws, and on the saddles on the TOM bridge. That having been said, there aren't too many imports anymore that use good hardware. 99% of the stuff on imports seems to have a pretty short lifespan.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            They call Jacksons cheap? I would love to hear what they have to say about my absolute piece of shit Ibanez.
            I got a good chuckle out of this one!
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

of course Ibenhad's (sorry, habit, damn Jack-shit guitars lol) feel light, they are made of Asswood, wooops, I mean basswood
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                of course Ibenhad's (sorry, habit, damn Jack-shit guitars lol) feel light, they are made of Asswood, wooops, I mean basswood
                :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Ibeenhad and Blender came from an 80's-ish Gibson ad. It depicted a bunch of guitars with arms and legs walking on a hill or something. I can't recall wither Jackson or Charvel were part of it. Maybe someone can thumb through their old Guitar for the Practicing Musician mags to see if they can find it and post it.

As far as Ibanez fans slamming Jackson... meh. It's the whole Ford/Dodge/Chevy thing but with guitars. People with a little bit too much brand loyalty will find fault with anything that doesn't have their favorite logo in it. Nothing to get bothered about.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I want a Steinbergaler

I dont know how that should be spelled, but that does just fine
                    Last edited by Frigo89; 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM. Reason: How the hell do I spell that?
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Stein-the-burglar?
                      Sam

Comment

Not sure if the op wanted ot start a forum war, but like some have allready stated that thread is tame compared to some of the nez bashing that goes on here....

But what is something that is funny I was traveling via train the other day to hear these two possibly Goth/Metalhead types talking about world of Warcraft and how great thier factions are and various boring tripe....

That Dodge Ford Chevy comment made me think of this for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                          Not sure if the op wanted ot start a forum war, but like some have allready stated that thread is tame compared to some of the nez bashing that goes on here....

But what is something that is funny I was traveling via train the other day to hear these two possibly Goth/Metalhead types talking about world of Warcraft and how great thier factions are and various boring tripe....

That Dodge Ford Chevy comment made me think of this for some reason.
                          I never wanted to start anything. I was just showing what I found. Chevy is the best, by the way.
                          "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                            I never wanted to start anything. I was just showing what I found. Chevy is the best, by the way.
                            Just remember Holy Diver, behind every fast Chevy there is usually a Ford 9" rear end

Rudy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

My 65 corvette(drag car) had a Dana 60 and a 3-speed Lenco and it was pretty fast when it wasn't standing on the rear bumper.If I could have made a hemi fit it would have been faster.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

K, I had an Ibanez RG, it was the 370dx model, The pickups were absolute shit, the bridge wasnt even locking, even though it was tremelo. The neck was too flat to play rythem and too much buzzing to play lead. K, I can bash the hell out of that guitar, but really it wasnt too bad, the only thing they have up on jackson really is the neck joint, but, Jackson has the best neck joint of them all, Neckthru, Ibanez only makes a few neckthru models I think, and they do not play them up as much as those bolt ons, especially when most of their artists play bolt ons. Arent all the highend Jacksons neckthru? And also, Isnt the Neck Thru Joint even better than a stupid Ibanez neck joint?
                                www.myspace.com/memnochband
                                www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
                                X