Ibanez forum putting down Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyCakes View Post
    whats the point of spending over 1500 on a guitar then replacing the pickups?
    What's the point in spending over 1500 on a guitar and not changing the pickups if you don't like them? There's no "thou willst use the 81 and 85" in the 10 commandments.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

the best guitar tone I have ever heard comes from an Ibanez endorsee, BUT he had the same tone when he used Kramer's.

can you guess the guy's name?
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
        There's no "thou willst use the 81 and 85" in the 10 commandments.
        That's the 11th
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
          There's no "thou willst use the 81 and 85" in the 10 commandments.
          Maybe not, but according to my law, if you use EMGs, you need to put the 85 in the bridge and the 81 (or a 60) in the neck!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not going to that site because I don't care. To me, Jacksons are the be-all end-all heavy metal axe. That's all that metters to me.

I have no issue with IBenHads ( You can blame Gibson for that term, along with "Blender and Krumier and a few others on the advertisement on the back of Guitar Player magazines). They just seem more like a guitar virtuoso axe they a metal axe. Also, why spend big bucks on one of these (or an ESPee) when I can buy a MIJ Jackson that's equal or better in quality for less money?

Jackson's mid level is made in Japan (where ESP and Ibenaz top of the lines are made). So I guess Jackson's mid level axes are = to there top of the line guitars. And where are Ibenaz and ESP mid levels made? Korea? I'm not going there. That's where Jackson starter models are made.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              And where are Ibenaz and ESP mid levels made? Korea? I'm not going there. That's where Jackson starter models are made.
              JS series are made in India currently. Some Performers back in the 90s were MIK though.

In Korea's defense though, a lot of quality axes are Korean made nowadays, ie Schecter, Agile...

Comment

I don't mind replacing the pickups in a DK1, but that damn battery compartment bothers me still. lol
                "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Korea makes pretty good stuff, ever played the Peavey neck-through V-Types? I'd buy one of those before an SL3.

Krumier eh? Oh ya???...

Sorry Folks, Just Flyin' The Kramer flag lol
                  Out Of Ideas

Comment

That's a really cool chart; I'd love to see them for each of the last 20 years!

Comment

• yeah, that would be interesting to see the "Rock Guitar" drop-off around 1991 lol
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

• I can't believe he wore those socks for a photo shoot.

I miss the 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                          yeah, that would be interesting to see the "Rock Guitar" drop-off around 1991 lol
                          Well, there was quite a drop off. I think Kramer was #1 for two years in a row in both categories...and when they dropped in sales ESP picked up a great number of sales (since ESP Japan was building most of Kramer's stuff anyway) and Ibanez picked up quite a few. I liked those charts...I remember seeing them on the magazine backs and such back then.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by levantin View Post
                            What's the point in spending over 1500 on a guitar and not changing the pickups if you don't like them? There's no "thou willst use the 81 and 85" in the 10 commandments.
                            if i am going to spend 1500 dollars on something, it needs to be right for me. i am a college student. i cannot afford what most of you can with careers. sure i could save up extra money or work another couple of hours but its much more convienent if i have to do one less thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I'm not going to that site because I don't care. To me, Jacksons are the be-all end-all heavy metal axe. That's all that metters to me.

I have no issue with IBenHads ( You can blame Gibson for that term, along with "Blender and Krumier and a few others on the advertisement on the back of Guitar Player magazines). They just seem more like a guitar virtuoso axe they a metal axe. Also, why spend big bucks on one of these (or an ESPee) when I can buy a MIJ Jackson that's equal or better in quality for less money?

Jackson's mid level is made in Japan (where ESP and Ibenaz top of the lines are made). So I guess Jackson's mid level axes are = to there top of the line guitars. And where are Ibenaz and ESP mid levels made? Korea? I'm not going there. That's where Jackson starter models are made.
                              im not quite sure i understand this post. so you can only play metal on a jackson? guitars dont seem to be anything. you could play jazz on a jackson and all you would get is a couple of questions as to why you are playing that instead of a jazzbox. i also dont know how you can make an assumption as to the quality of guitars from the same country in regards to their "grade designations". ford and toyota make cars here, but one of them has better quality, whats your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyCakes View Post
                                if i am going to spend 1500 dollars on something, it needs to be right for me. i am a college student. i cannot afford what most of you can with careers. sure i could save up extra money or work another couple of hours but its much more convienent if i have to do one less thing.
                                Rarely is a guitar ever perfect for anyone when it comes off the shelf. If you don't like the pickups it comes with, AND are too cheap to buy new pickups that would suit you better, then the guitar is too expensive for your wallet, IMO. Look for a cheaper guitar that meets your requirements as far as possible - then mod it suit your taste and playing style.

Comment

Working...
                                X