Ibanez forum putting down Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    Just remember Holy Diver, behind every fast Chevy there is usually a Ford 9" rear end

Rudy
    www.wickedrocks.com
    You should see my Ford Steering Wheel.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
      K, I had an Ibanez RG, it was the 370dx model, The pickups were absolute shit, the bridge wasnt even locking, even though it was tremelo. The neck was too flat to play rythem and too much buzzing to play lead. K, I can bash the hell out of that guitar, but really it wasnt too bad, the only thing they have up on jackson really is the neck joint, but, Jackson has the best neck joint of them all, Neckthru, Ibanez only makes a few neckthru models I think, and they do not play them up as much as those bolt ons, especially when most of their artists play bolt ons. Arent all the highend Jacksons neckthru? And also, Isnt the Neck Thru Joint even better than a stupid Ibanez neck joint?
      You know, I didn't really start this thread to bash anyone, believe it or not. I don't have anything against any guitar make, except Series 10. As far as necks go, I guess it depends on what joint you like. I like my with Zig Zags.

Comment

Liked this one:

"i guess the kind of people who buy jacksons usually don't know any better. You can feel it's cheap-ness just buy tapping on it, and wiggling it a little."

Funny that someone who prefers an Ibanez says something like this, because I have never tried an Ibanez that didn't feel cheap, except the picasso petrucci model. I allways think Ibanez feels like the cheapest brand out there when I play them, but then I look at the price tag

Comment

OMG!!!1 STFU N00b Ibanez and Jackson are teh suck!! LOL
          ESP pwns!

Last edited by Snoogans; 09-12-2007, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Christ on a pointy stick he's gone all 1337 on us!
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I just wish I was young enough to know what any of it means!
              Err.... w00t?

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                K, I had an Ibanez RG, it was the 370dx model, The pickups were absolute shit, the bridge wasnt even locking, even though it was tremelo. The neck was too flat to play rythem and too much buzzing to play lead. K, I can bash the hell out of that guitar, but really it wasnt too bad, the only thing they have up on jackson really is the neck joint, but, Jackson has the best neck joint of them all, Neckthru, Ibanez only makes a few neckthru models I think, and they do not play them up as much as those bolt ons, especially when most of their artists play bolt ons. Arent all the highend Jacksons neckthru? And also, Isnt the Neck Thru Joint even better than a stupid Ibanez neck joint?
                It's better IF You prefer the sound. I favor bolt ons myself.

There are very few cheap Jackson bolt ons. Not everyone can afford a USA model and, at least here in the UK, a SL3.

Though it IS true Ibanez offer few neck through guitars, they also have a WAAAAYYYY bigger offering than Jackson. And even their high end RGs, neck through or bolt ons, are way cheaper usually than USA Jacksons. Here in the UK at least.

Comment

And I can travel a few miles to find decent ibanez's instead of 160 to london just to see one usa select...

But the all access neck joint is better than a standard bolt on but I have no problem with the jackson style of angling the pocket on dinky's the access on my old kvx10 was impressive...

Dammit I want a DK2M!!!!

And I ahve palyed plenty of improt ajcksons and Ibanez's non japan stff the low end ibanez stuff can lots of time feel cheap ive always foudn jacksons to feel solid allthough the pots adn electronics arent that great its cheap enough to replace pots switches and jacks....

I prefer out of american amrket cars cheverolete most of the Chevy rentals we've had while over there have been great, fords I generally dont like except the f series trucks...

Over here Chevy's are sadly korean rebadged daweooo's which arent chevys in my eyes...

Allthough one of my alltime favourite car has to be a dodge viper!!

Comment

I prefer cars that can go around corners, especially with those valley roads boyo!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

ibanez neck joint..... most of their neck pockets only hold the sides of the neck. ever take the pickguard off a RG with pickguard or JEM, the neck pocket & the neck hum route is the same route. now thats fit like a glove perfection....ok maybe a mitten.

Comment

The most informed and accepting of any guitar forum I have ever seen is the KRAMER Forum. Every forum has some bashing but the membership there is mostly made up of non-partisan people who happen to love Kramers...most of them are also Charvel, Gibson, Jackson, Fender, Ibanez, etc. lovers too.
                        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                          The most informed and accepting of any guitar forum I have ever seen is the KRAMER Forum. Every forum has some bashing but the membership there is mostly made up of non-partisan people who happen to love Kramers...most of them are also Charvel, Gibson, Jackson, Fender, Ibanez, etc. lovers too.
                          I'm not deaf!

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                            I'm not deaf!
                            Sorry...I was on a mountain when I posted that.
                            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I posted once over at the Ibanez forum when I had a question about a limited run. Maybe I ought to go over there and start some trouble.......hehehehehehehehehehe ! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                                I always wanted to try out one of those Kramer Nightswans. I never had a chance to.

Comment

Working...
                                X