Ibanez forum putting down Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
    I posted once over at the Ibanez forum when I had a question about a limited run. Maybe I ought to go over there and start some trouble.......hehehehehehehehehehe ! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
    Did you ever see one of those Ibanez RG Puzzle guitars. Pretty wild looking. I will give them that.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Yeah I do really like the look of their guitars. The JEM is one of the best looking guitars I have ever seen.
      But............... I have read lots about Ibby. Using cheaper parts, claiming a wood is something when in fact it's something else, chronic neck joint cracks, crappy pick ups, thin sound, bad sustain. I experienced most of this when I had a JEM.
      Hell even on the forum the guys are putting stuff in their trems and changing pick ups to get better tone and sustain - and this is on their top of the line J Customs and Prestige models.

I have heard though that the American Custom Shop that they use to have made excellent top notch guitars back in the 80's.
      The Destroyers and Artists are suppose to be great guitars. Never played them myself but everybody says their great.
      It's the shredders that have the issues from what I have experienced and read. For one I think when the neck is really skinny it subtracts from tone and sustain.
      If I wanted a really skinny guitar I would get a Blackmachine.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Like the JCF members have never trashed talked Ibanez guitars. Please people.

Ibanez makes decent guitars but also has a few lemons in the mix just as does Jackson or any other company. One issue I have with Ibanez is the lack of a USA custom shop for the public. Endorsed players get custom axes but no public customs.

Comment

I want a Pee-Wee Vandenberg with a puzzlegraphic, neckthrough, OFR please!
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            I'm one person that would take the Original Edge over an OFR. I just feel the Edge is a bit smoother than the FR. Not saying one is better than the other, I just like the feel of the Edge a bit better than the OFR. But the FR is a great trem too...

How many of you have used the term "Ibenhad"? I've seen it on this page quite a bit. So not like we don't do that either, is it???

I use to post on jemsite quite a bit. It use to be a cool forum. But that was a while ago. I don't go there as much as I use too...
            + 1 on the "Ibenhad" ! :-) And im glad ive been "Had"!

Comment

Yeah I do really like the look of their guitars. The JEM is one of the best looking guitars I have ever seen.
              But............... I have read lots about Ibby. Using cheaper parts, claiming a wood is something when in fact it's something else, chronic neck joint cracks, crappy pick ups, thin sound, bad sustain. I experienced most of this when I had a JEM.
              Hell even on the forum the guys are putting stuff in their trems and changing pick ups to get better tone and sustain - and this is on their top of the line J Customs and Prestige models.

I have heard though that the American Custom Shop that they use to have made excellent top notch guitars back in the 80's.
              The Destroyers and Artists are suppose to be great guitars. Never played them myself but everybody says their great.
              It's the shredders that have the issues from what I have experienced and read. For one I think when the neck is really skinny it subtracts from tone and sustain.
              If I wanted a really skinny guitar I would get a Blackmachine.
              I have to counter you a bit.. My Best sustaining guitar is my
              94' RG20 with the zero tension neck...and string thru. It sustains for
              a full 45 seconds! Almost a PC-1. :-)
              And my BRMR mirror JEM is close to being as hot as my Charvel EVH bumblebee. Maybe most of it is the DR/Elixer strings... but im really
              impressed with the DiMarzio's in my JEM's.. defined...and pretty hot imo.

Comment

i know i dont post alot however.

my jcustom is as nice as the USA dinky I had.

from what ive read of this thread it seems most of you forget that ibanez offers alot of dirt cheap models that attract beginners and young players, which leads to alot of assholes on the message board. sure jcf might be the most mature guitar board around, but dont let a few mcdouches shape your view of ibanez players.

ive chosen ibanez because i had small hands and prefer their neck as well as I like bolt on necks more than neck through. if jackson would offer a dinky without those god awful emgs i would more than likely get one.

apples and oranges fellas

Comment

Originally posted by MattyCakes View Post
                  i know i dont post alot however.

my jcustom is as nice as the USA dinky I had.

from what ive read of this thread it seems most of you forget that ibanez offers alot of dirt cheap models that attract beginners and young players, which leads to alot of assholes on the message board. sure jcf might be the most mature guitar board around, but dont let a few mcdouches shape your view of ibanez players.

ive chosen ibanez because i had small hands and prefer their neck as well as I like bolt on necks more than neck through. if jackson would offer a dinky without those god awful emgs i would more than likely get one.

apples and oranges fellas
                  You got that right. Give me a Dinky without EMGs. For the love of god, please.
                  "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

different strokes.........I don't care what it says on the headstock..if it plays well, sounds great, and is comfortable in my hands, i have a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                      You got that right. Give me a Dinky without EMGs. For the love of god, please.
                      DK-1, DK-2, DK2M, JS1, JS20, JS30DK...?

And pickups can always be replaced...

Comment

Dk-1 has the 81/85 combo, but pickups are as enough replaced...

Most stores will do this for you and i'm sure you could sell the emgs to cover the cost of the new pickups...

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          And they still use rectangle neck plates. For a metal guitar, that is kinda lame.

If this is the general mentality, I guess we shouldn't even pay attention
                          Rectangle neck plates? Not since 93'.. maybe on the under $300 ibenhads? But everything i see is the AANJ. wood and part of the body.

Comment

+1. I had a Blue Floral Jem that was cheap no matter how you look at it.
                            I think there are some decent Ibanez guitars but I think Jackson definitely makes a higher quality in the Shred Guitar category.

I think Jacksons sound better for sure. Ibanez shredders sound thin to me - never heard one that didn't sound thin to me and I have heard lots including Petrucci and Satch.

Regarding the Floyd Roses - I have read several articles that say their springs are about 25% stiffer than most other trems and judging from the JEM I had it is more than that by comparison.

Some people prefer the thin necks. And Ibanez have really good upper fret access. And fast necks. And I like their looks for sure. Some guys swear by them. To each their own.

But I would objectively say Jackson has definitely better quality and sound in the shred category.
                            So you have not heard "Vai" ? His sound is huge imo...listen to "Paradise" from about 89' with DLR. That floral Jem sounds larger than
                            any Zakk vid !

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                              Dk-1 has the 81/85 combo, but pickups are as enough replaced...

Most stores will do this for you and i'm sure you could sell the emgs to cover the cost of the new pickups...
                              whats the point of spending over 1500 on a guitar then replacing the pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                                Rectangle neck plates? Not since 93'.. maybe on the under $300 ibenhads? But everything i see is the AANJ. wood and part of the body.
                                No, no. The first line about rectangle neck plates was what the Ibanez-forum people are talking about Jacksons.
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X