No announcement yet.

Ibanez forum putting down Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two Rans cost probably what a dinky what cost in the states DK-1 anyways, and i'm repalcing the pickups on the one as i've stopped being so into actives...

I'm sure when I get the spare Cash i'll replace the pickups on the RR to passives aswell...

And I doubt that the mid level jacksons are compareable to the top end prestiges for feel, my friends MIK S2020 or whatever it is same model Herman Li uses now with the ZR Trem is an absolute beast of a guitar and thats a korean guitar but it's still very very nice...

The Jem 7VSBL was one of the nicest guitars I have ever played...

There are good and bad guitars made by any manufacturer some cheap ones can be nice and expensive ones duds.

Allthough to be fair to ajckson Japan all of the gutiars I have played were decent a few dxmg's in the UK and Cali, whereas I have played some udd Ibanez's I tried one really really nice RG1550 which kicked ass played another one in shop nearest to me and it didnt have the same feel or mojo...

Comment

• I also dont give a damn where my guitar is made, Korea is the new Japan anyways folks, Japan is the New USA, they can make the same quality, but sadly are typically pushed aside as a "lower quality" builder.

I have played some really F'n good guitars, were all of them Jackson? no.

also I would have to say that Jackson isnt the only "Metal" guitar, I'd gladly take a BC Rich Warlock if they got rid of that awful nut-sack holder headstock
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
        the best guitar tone I have ever heard comes from an Ibanez endorsee, BUT he had the same tone when he used Kramer's.

can you guess the guy's name?
        Andy Timmons?
        My Guitars
        Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
        Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
        Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
        Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
        Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
        Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
        Kramer Vanguard S-440S
        Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
        Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
        Kramer F-1000 (Black)
        Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
          Andy Timmons?
          hell yes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1eU3iJt7rc
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

• I love Gibson more then Jackson!

(dodges glass bottles projectiles)

Comment

• A nice guitar's a nice guitar, whoever made it. I also like all access neck joints; I don't own any Ibanezes but have a few Yamahas with similar neck joints, and they are definitely cool. However, the rectangular neck plate on my DK2S doesn't really impede access up high. It's kind of funny that they'd dismiss the entire brand over it; I guess they really can't play Fenders then!

It's a world of variety because we don't all like exactly the same thing. How boring if we did and there weren't all the choices we have!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyCakes View Post
                im not quite sure i understand this post. so you can only play metal on a jackson? guitars dont seem to be anything. you could play jazz on a jackson and all you would get is a couple of questions as to why you are playing that instead of a jazzbox. i also dont know how you can make an assumption as to the quality of guitars from the same country in regards to their "grade designations". ford and toyota make cars here, but one of them has better quality, whats your point?
                I don't see at any point where I said you can only play metal on a Jackson. Read my post, fanboy.

The point about coutry of origin is that if guitars take a markdown because of where they come from. I said nothing of the quality. READ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                  Korea makes pretty good stuff, ever played the Peavey neck-through V-Types? I'd buy one of those before an SL3.

Krumier eh? Oh ya???...

Sorry Folks, Just Flyin' The Kramer flag lol
                  I love those charts, but where are they now? LOL! I'm pretty convinced some payolla was going on in the ranking of those charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    I love those charts, but where are they now? LOL! I'm pretty convinced some payolla was going on in the ranking of those charts.
                    I wish they had these charts nowadays too.....It'd make interesting conversation topic for sure!!!!

I'm surprised how low Charvel and Jackson ranked in both -$500 and +$500 categories, and how badly Ibanez did in +$500 category.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                      I wish they had these charts nowadays too.....It'd make interesting conversation topic for sure!!!!
                      I concur!!

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                      I'm surprised how low Charvel and Jackson ranked in both -$500 and +$500 categories, and how badly Ibanez did in +$500 category.......
                      One key fact in why Charvel didn't have bigger numbers is because they didn't have the Floyd Rose. You could get one from Custom shop but they were expensive add ons...very expensive. Jackson didn't have much in the below $500 to compete at the time and their Custom shop guitars were very expensive at the time and also you'd have to factor in the wait...Kramers were on the shelves with Floyd Rose, wild colours (big at the time), Schaller and Seymour Duncans.
                      Ibanez was a large quantity builder at the time but not so much for the over $500 category...although I am sure that the RG550 was over $500 at the time this is really when Ibanez started to solidify their reputation. I'm sure that 4 years later the numbers for Ibanez would be way up.
                      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                        One key fact in why Charvel didn't have bigger numbers is because they didn't have the Floyd Rose. You could get one from Custom shop but they were expensive add ons...very expensive. Jackson didn't have much in the below $500 to compete at the time and their Custom shop guitars were very expensive at the time and also you'd have to factor in the wait...Kramers were on the shelves with Floyd Rose, wild colours (big at the time), Schaller and Seymour Duncans.
                        Ibanez was a large quantity builder at the time but not so much for the over $500 category...although I am sure that the RG550 was over $500 at the time this is really when Ibanez started to solidify their reputation. I'm sure that 4 years later the numbers for Ibanez would be way up.
                        Very valid points..........What was the last year that anyone remembers seeing one of these sales charts for? Have a copy by any chance? Be nice to see how Charvel, Jackson, and Ibanez fared later on.................

Comment

• They used to post those lists monthly back in the 80s...it would be really interesting to see later charts.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post

I'm not at all surprized. Remember, back in the 80's the Charvel Jackson stuff was custom shop only. Kramer, Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc... were large companies with lots of guitars in stock at most stores. Make that chart the Most Desired Guitar and I think you'd see JC at the top

Rudy
                            www.wickedrocks.com
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X