No announcement yet.

VH Tour Dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While Ed didn't invent the entire floyd he did come up with the idea of the fine tuners I believe. I've never heard anything about him inventing the sustainer, though I suppose he could have had something to do with Kramer's Sustainiac when he was "endorsing" those guitars.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      Matt, no tour dirt since the tour started, what's the scoop? I hope your buddy wasn't responsible for the Jump, 1/2 step out of tune fiasco that's floating around the 'net?
      Nope... not much to report though. He says the band is very professional on and off stage, there's no crazy partying... they show up at 4, do the soundcheck, do the show, get on their busses and go to the next venue.

There's some talk of new material and Ed is still "mostly" sober. That's about all!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

"Mostly" Hahahaha
        I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fuck Van Halen! I use to be a VH fan but its not VH unless they have Michael Anthony. Wolfie doesn't count. And they couldn't even show up for the Induction into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame.

Comment

"Mostly Sober"?

OK, here we go...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I am just curious - why is it people want EVH to fail? Before this tour started everyone (well most everyone) treated this like it was the greatest thing in the world, and now it seems like a much larger number want to tear it apart?

I know my feelings on the VH the band which haven't changed in 20 years, but there seems to be some serious vile being thrown towards the EVH. I mean who's baby did this guy eat to get this much hate towards him?

Is it just because he was (or is apparently) being a dick to Mike? or is there something I missed while ignoring most of the VH talk?

*Note: No tongue and cheek comments this time*
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Good question, eakinj. I've pondered this several times before.

I've concluded that the whining-about-EVH posts are based on a combination of jealousy (for Ed's talent and success) and ignorance (in 2 ways: 1.) knowing nothing about what the poster is talking about; and 2.) also failing to realize that whining about EVH or hoping he fails has zero impact on EVH or anyone else - except to identify the poster as a jealous, ignorant whiner).

My advice is to ignore them.

Comment

tru dat, suckaz!!! bee-sidez weez all be no-in dat EVH ain't be haven haf duh talint uhv fred durst. reper-zent fooz!!!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

What I believe........
                    Floyd asked Ed his opinions when designing the Floyd Rose double locking - fine tuning trem. Ed came up with the idea for the D-Tuna...did he do the specifics with clearances and tolerances? No. I don't think the sustainer was designed by Ed. I think he tried one of the first and liked it....therefore it should logically be called Ed's invention.

As for Ed and Randy.... They were LA Rock rivals. They were going back and fourth before either of them was anybody. We can't change that. I believe if Randy were still alive they would've ended up being civil with each other...but that can never happen. I'll bet he never trash talks Randy when he's around his good friend Zakk Wylde.

Oh yeah lastly.....remember Ed invented a cure for cancer!
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

yo, fred durst ain't ree-code-in no-mo cuz he be wur-kin on da cure fo da AIDS. kin EVH top dat?!?!?!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

wow... everyone is calling Ed an asshole... yet looking this thread... some people are way beyond Ed.... petty little faggots
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

my new favourite thing is how some kids try to prove how Eddie didn't influenced Randy Rhoads....

yet talking with people who actually lived the life back then and know all the interviews and stories... say the opposite things

fucking funny
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            wow... everyone is calling Ed an asshole... yet looking this thread... some people are way beyond Ed.... petty little faggots
                            yo, dat be duh troof!!!! drop da ham-uh, endrick. be tee-chin deez fooz duh troof. YO!!!!
                            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              my new favourite thing is how some kids try to prove how Eddie didn't influenced Randy Rhoads....

yet talking with people who actually lived the life back then and know all the interviews and stories... say the opposite things

fucking funny
                              den day all cum too-gev-er in dis fred to be ah-gyou-en ova da stuff dat d-own be mat-rin at all.....
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

yo, dazz whazz da man saye-zz esse, oo hell mothaphukkin yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X