Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone writing to FMIC about bad policies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it would not cost to much to send a few letters. I think hand written letters to a few people is the way to go since its easy to dismiss or reroute a call or E-mail.

I think a petition would be effective as well but we would have to do it online unless someone wants to hang out in front of Home Depot and get people to sign like in the Davis recall. I dont think to many people would relate though...

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Yeah, Chris Flemming seems to be the guy in charge, or at least he can make the calls at J/C. Not sure where Eldred fits in, but from all I've heard from different people, it'd be a waste of energy contacting him anyway.
      M.E. is the head "dick" of all FMIC branded Custom Shops.

Read up here--> http://www.fender.com/news/index.php...ay_article=149
      Last edited by Joe_Steeler; 09-18-2007, 12:15 PM.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Quote from the article:
        “Part of this global strategy is to open five to six high-end custom showrooms throughout the world, where our dealers and artists have 24-hour access to a room that houses over $1 million worth of FMIC brand instruments,” Eldred said. “These are private, by-appointment-only lounges where artists like John Mayer or Jeff Beck are welcome when they are in town. Also, any high-end consumer can set up an appointment with their retailer, and they will both come in, sit down, relax and play any number of our Custom Shop instruments. Unlike the typical environment at a music store, this more of a private club and a unique experience.”

So the reason for the huge price increase is so we can pay for a 24 hour showroom for Jeff Beck or John Mayer can hang out at?

Talk about great marketing why not just hire an efficiency expert so he can point out to Fender the most direct way to cut expenses and lose money would be to flush money down the toilet directly.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          So the reason for the huge price increase is so we can pay for a 24 hour showroom for Jeff Beck or John Mayer can hang out at?
          Yeah, that bothered me a bit, also. Though, to be fair, the doctors and investment bankers that would buy $10,000 customs could also make an appointment at these showrooms together with their dealers, so they could all have a nice corksniffing experience together. I have to question how much this will benefit Jackson.

Comment

Quote from the article:
            “Part of this global strategy is to open five to six high-end custom showrooms throughout the world, where our dealers and artists have 24-hour access to a room that houses over $1 million worth of FMIC brand instruments,” Eldred said. “These are private, by-appointment-only lounges where artists like John Mayer or Jeff Beck are welcome when they are in town. Also, any high-end consumer can set up an appointment with their retailer, and they will both come in, sit down, relax and play any number of our Custom Shop instruments. Unlike the typical environment at a music store, this more of a private club and a unique experience.”

Talk about great marketing why not just hire an efficiency expert so he can point out to Fender the most direct way to cut expenses and lose money would be to flush money down the toilet directly.
            I remember seeing that. If this is true, the guy (if indeed Mr. Eldred) writing that is still locked in the 60's on halucinating drugs. A true vision while having a trip.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
              I have to question how much this will benefit Jackson.
              It won't - from all I'm hearing my personal view is that they don't give a shit about Jackson or Charvel. What they're trying to do is run J/C like Fender which might work as an internal process, but just ain't delivering anything that the customer wants. Anyone heard of ANYONE who's bought a Legacy series guitar?

J/C just don't have the size of market that Fender themselves have, nor the dentist / doctor following (not that there's anything wrong with that) who will spend out 10k on a guitar, when there are so many cool ones already out there for a fraction of the price.

Still, given the current state of Fender's finances and the complete lack of orders at Jackson (to the point where staff are being moved off J/C production), maybe this will all be a moot point for 2008.

Whatever, something has to change if J/C is to survive.
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

One word fellas: OVERHEAD.

The dreaded word that casts a shadow over most US products and their price competitiveness. Unions (i.e. UAW) place a gigantic burden on the automakers, yes better designs would help but the increasing cost of medical insurance and benefits just can't compete with chinese & mexican imports where such benefits are non-existent. If you've ever been abroad on a manufacturing facility you know what I am talking about.

This FMIC thing is totally superficial and snobish.
                I know of two high end Fender CS dealers that have told in no uncertain terms how arrogant M.E. is and how dry his personality is as well. I can't help but think this is all his brain child.
                He was honest and upfront telling the world these locations are meant for rockstars and high rollers, no ham-and-eggers allowed. Gotta give him credit about being honest.... I guess.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Microsoft would literally buy companies that made better software then they did and simply absorb the software into the next OS then liquidate all the companies asset. So they would eliminate competition.

For Fender this would be a thing they would need to do slowly as to avoid a backlash with Jackson Charvel brand but I think this is whats happening.

BTW the operating costs of 6 24 hour showrooms worldwide annually could provide lifetime benefits probably for all FMIC employees. Maybe making our cost a little reasonable.

Comment

Microsoft would literally buy companies that made better software then they did and simply absorb the software into the next OS then liquidate all the companies asset. So they would eliminate competition.

For Fender this would be a thing they would need to do slowly as to avoid a backlash with Jackson Charvel brand but I think this is whats happening.
                    I don't know about that. The two markets are so dissimilar. IIRC, the idea behind this acquisition by FMIC was that J/C would fill a niche that Fender has never adequately understood or served. Jackson and Fender aren't really 'competing' brands. This would be more like Microsoft buying Adobe in order to have Photoshop and Pagemaker.

BTW the operating costs of 6 24 hour showrooms worldwide annually could provide lifetime benefits probably for all FMIC employees. Maybe making our cost a little reasonable.
                    Totally agree. I can't see these showrooms being big profit centers. I know that the high-end market can be profitable, but enough so to justify the cost of these?

Comment

Still, given the current state of Fender's finances and the complete lack of orders at Jackson (to the point where staff are being moved off J/C production), maybe this will all be a moot point for 2008.

Whatever, something has to change if J/C is to survive.
                      Hadn't heard about this. I thought the problem was the opposite--that the CS has too much work to handle comfortably, so that the wait times have gone up and the QC has gone down.

Comment

the complete lack of orders at Jackson (to the point where staff are being moved off J/C production),
                        any clarification/sourcing on this assertion?

I'd be very interested to hear how you know this, as I'm sure we all would be.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

My source confirms this.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Does anyone really know anyone that ordered a custom in the last four months since the price increase/master builder upcharge maybe one or two people how about someone that bought a Legacy series?

Comment

Why even bother....

The proof is in the pudding...all we've gotten since they took over is:

Order restrictions, fucked up orders, PRICE INCREASES GALORE, Nickel & Dime upcharges, Indifferent customer service and a total lack of respect for the brand it once was.

I'll stick to buying the 'Golden Era' (1983-86) Jacksons & Charvels.

At least you know what you'll be getting.
                              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

As far as I see the situation is like this:

1) FMIC are not putting too much effort into J/C promotion compared to Fender brand.
                                2) J/C sales are obivously a small percentage compared to Fender sales

BUT
                                3) The access to FMIC distribution, logistics, finance and marketing resources was still a huge improvement for J/C and
                                4) The demand is gradually overcoming the supply thus we face some QC issues - a pure result of some production rush.

Obviously for the customer the better way to overcome the situation would be expanding the production (though it's not that easy to find proper builders for CS) but for any business price hike also may be the way to increase profit and control the demand. It may be also a way to raise some funds for the added invesment into the production at the cost of customers. Cynical but effective.

Just my .02
                                Because I don't say it
                                Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
                                X